Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Z
Z
Quote:
Originally posted by T-red2000se:
Would you two just have sex already? Gawd, you bicker like you're married! :p
Did anybody else just lose all hope of ever seeing again??? Time to get corrective eye surgery, and that probably still won't help.
laugh eek

T
T
I never said anyone had to watch!

T-Red: Doing his part to make the CEG a better place.

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by LoCo:
With the SC and the 4 psi of boost decompression is not an issue until I raise the boost(smaller pulley wink )
Does this supercharger have a waste gate to control extra compression, or is it just sort of naturally synchronized with the engine's air demand?

From the shape of the box, it looks like this is a twin screw, right?

I wonder how well the stock computer program would work with it... if you just use an oversized Focus MAF to give it a good consumption rate signal, it might not work too badly.

The ideal blower I dream of would be a centrifugal compressor powered by an electric motor, electronically regulated by a pressure sensor to provide just the desired amount of boost... like, from mid to max throttle, the boost would go smoothly from zero to your desired limit, with extra spin-up power being applied when the throttle opens rapidly. Both SC and TC blowers consume more engine power than you need most of the time, in order to have enough when you do need it. An electric design should, in theory, get more horsepower per gallon of gas than either... especially if combined with a WOT alternator cutoff.

96 GL Zetec ATX, white with pinstripe, nickname " Sam Smooth "
mods so far: CTA intake with homemade heat shield, KVR drilled front rotors & carbon pads w/ 500° fluid
planned mods: exhaust (want to keep it quiet), e-ram (awaiting installation), diablo chip
involuntary mods: compression increased after head gasket failure
S
S
Geez guys, this info is all over the web...re: price...why all the commotion???

Focus Performance.com clearly shows the JC SC to be $2995.00
http://www.focusperformance.com/tpls/Det...110318289577030

And 'The Demon's website...
http://www.demondynamics.co.uk/kit1.htm

Terry has told us before the approx. cost of all three Turbo kit levels, hell search this forum for the thread entitled 'REAL Power'. I even mentioned them all in an earlier post! :rolleyes: I'm not just making this shit up...I actually got the numbers from Lee('The Demon')!! The guy who MAKES the kit. The base kit as I figured it(exchange rate varies daily) was right around $2800...not $2995, not $3000, not $3500!

If you're going to compare two kits at least compare two things that are similiar.

Quote:
2)its high compression ratio(10.5.1 to the late model Contours 10.1)
I see that says 'late' Contours but are you sure yours is actually 10:1. IIRC most(if not all) of the Contour Zetecs were 9.6:1. May want to double check that. wink

L
LoCo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Originally posted by sqplus:
Geez guys, this info is all over the web...re: price...why all the commotion???

Focus Performance.com clearly shows the JC SC to be $2995.00
http://www.focusperformance.com/tpls/Det...110318289577030

And 'The Demon's website...
http://www.demondynamics.co.uk/kit1.htm

Terry has told us before the approx. cost of all three Turbo kit levels, hell search this forum for the thread entitled 'REAL Power'. I even mentioned them all in an earlier post! :rolleyes: I'm not just making this [b]s
hit up...I actually got the numbers from Lee('The Demon')!! The guy who MAKES the kit. The base kit as I figured it(exchange rate varies daily) was right around $2800...not $2995, not $3000, not $3500!

If you're going to compare two kits at least compare two things that are similiar.

Quote:
2)its high compression ratio(10.5.1 to the late model Contours 10.1)
I see that says 'late' Contours but are you sure yours is actually 10:1. IIRC most(if not all) of the Contour Zetecs were 9.6:1. May want to double check that. wink [/b]
IIRC it was brought up way back when about the compression ratios. I remember Terry saying the "late" model Tours had 10.1 but if it is 9.6.1 better for me then. laugh :p

BTW I got my price for the SC from BAT. $2595.00 wink

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
G
G
I always thought our Zetecs were 9.1:1...and I thought Duratechs are 9.6:1 and the SVT version 10:1.

Anyone know the rough percentage for the ATX drivetrain loss? Like 20 something percent?

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
I always thought our Zetecs were 9.1:1...and I thought Duratechs are 9.6:1 and the SVT version 10:1.

Anyone know the rough percentage for the ATX drivetrain loss? Like 20 something percent?
I believe the Duratecs also have 9.6 but I know we don't have 9.1...its higher. You're right about the SVT though, 10:1 and the 2000s went to 10.25:1

And the ATX percentage loss can vary from car to car but it is up around 20-25%

Hector,
I wonder how BAT can sell the SC for that much less? Thanks for the source though.

Z
Z
ALL Zetec contours are 9.6:1 the standard duratec is 9.7:1 and the SVT pre 2000 is 10:1 and the 2000 SVT is 10.1:1

Joe Hartley
"yes I know it's a MTX Zetec but it beats having a ATX Duratec"

Champagne 96 GL MTX some mods
dynoed at 114.2whp and 124.4wtq (pre CTA intake)
16.858 @ 80.76mph (yes it's slow but still faster than D Davis)
AIM: ZetecRacing
My Site My Profile
T
T
I thought you were done with this topic????? confused confused confused

Z
Z
Quote:
Originally posted by thegtpguy:
I thought you were done with this topic????? confused confused confused
I am about the SC.... this was just a responce about compression ratios
get it? or should I draw you a map next time you are at a meet that i'm at?

Joe Hartley
"yes I know it's a MTX Zetec but it beats having a ATX Duratec"

Champagne 96 GL MTX some mods
dynoed at 114.2whp and 124.4wtq (pre CTA intake)
16.858 @ 80.76mph (yes it's slow but still faster than D Davis)
AIM: ZetecRacing
My Site My Profile
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard