Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
R
Hey Hector... how far are you from where they make the SC?

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
S
S
As I posted a while back My Mystaque has more clearance than a 01 focus by 1/2" more hood clearance too, I cant see why it woudn't work belts are exactly the same also. Whos got 3k to try?

'69 Chevelle SS
'99 Mystaque GS
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by slowpoke:
As I posted a while back My Mystaque has more clearance than a 01 focus by 1/2" more hood clearance too, I cant see why it woudn't work belts are exactly the same also. Whos got 3k to try?
This is what we are talking about, Hector and myself look at our buddys ZX3 and we are pretty sure it will work, Might take some extra word but i know if anyone is gonna do it its gonna be Hector. cool

S
S
Just a couple things;

1. Some of the numbers posted are incorrect. Last time I talked with Lee(of Demon)the price for a stage one kit came out to about $2800. Thats only $300 more than the SC kit and is much more upgradeable than the SC. The kit that is $3600 is the next level up, with the stage three kit being in excess of $5000. Email Lee and ask for the price of all three Turbo kits...he'll send them in pounds but you just have to go convert them so the actual price varies from day to day.

2. There IS a strong possiblity of the SC working giving the clearance issues we though existed don't seem to exist anymore. I whole heartedly support anyone who attempts to do this! Good Luck.

O
O
Hector,
Here is a good game plan for you, find a used intake mnfld. from a first year Focus and a focus TB, if you can get that setup to fit and work you are in!! And this way you don't have to shell out the big bucks for the S/C kit without knowing whether it will work or not. BTW the first year FOcus manifolds are supposed to flow better.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec SS (SuperSleeper)
Suffice it to say my mod list has become so long that it is just ridiculous
C
C
I think this supercharger involves unbolting the intake manifold,this is where i believe the problem might be someone told me the manifolds may bolt on differently..anyone checked it out? i also believe one may be able to unbolt the focus's manifold from the sc and bolt the sc onto the contour manifold would that work? :rolleyes: ...im with hector though...if it will fit im down to get one lets say ..next year?

1996 Contour GL ATX MODS: cta intake essilenger udp odp 9mm ford racing wires hp accel coil custom fog lights SVT TRIM WILL POST PICS SOON 2 sets of 17 in rims custom wood dash magnaflow exhaust
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by LoCo:
I was looking at this at Focaljet. Notice how low the SC sits. The only problem I see is where the TB sits. Now tell me why this would not work with little modification? Jeez the battery even sits in the same spot. :rolleyes:
Forget the S/C....Just look at the size of that filter!!!! eek eek eek I don't think I have EVER seen one that big.

Simon W. Las Vegas.
96 SE V6 MTX Tereador Red (1st Blown Engine, better be the last!)
1999 SVT Engine
SVT Exhaust w/custom DTM Tips and optimized Y-pipe and no Res (thanks to Po-Jay!). LSD Quaife(thanks to Terry!), SCA CAI w/KKM, Grizzly clutch, FMS 9mm wires, Airknights custom short shifter.

"You can only get more rice at one time by ordering Chinese" - Davo7SVT
"it's only nuts and bolts" - Terry Haines
"Drive it like you stole it" - Me!
L
LoCo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Originally posted by sqplus:
Just a couple things;

1. Some of the numbers posted are incorrect. Last time I talked with Lee(of Demon)the price for a stage one kit came out to about $2800. Thats only $300 more than the SC kit and is much more upgradeable than the SC. The kit that is $3600 is the next level up, with the stage three kit being in excess of $5000. Email Lee and ask for the price of all three Turbo kits...he'll send them in pounds but you just have to go convert them so the actual price varies from day to day.

2. There IS a strong possiblity of the SC working giving the clearance issues we though existed don't seem to exist anymore. I whole heartedly support anyone who attempts to do this! Good Luck.
Well Like I explained for $300 (turbo)more I will get a kit that will give me around the same HP as the SC. I can't really go with the stage 2 (stupid ATX) so that is not really an option right now. Right now I am just throwing ideas out there. If this is what I go with it will be done during the winter.

With the intake manifold I am really not worried. It was said the header would not match the bolt pattern on the Contour and it did so I have no doubt that this will be any different. As long as the bolts match up it should be fine because I believe the SC kit comes with a different IM so the SC can sit on top. My only issue is to see if the bolt pattern is the same and if the Contour TB is going to work. We will see. wink Thanks for the support. smile

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
S
S
This would go great with my rebuild

Ben C
'97 Zetec Sport ATX
Pacific Green
Fog Light Re-wire
Many Mods
My Site

You think you can beat this?.....Well, you probably can
Z
Z
Quote:
Originally posted by LoCo:
It was said the header would not match the bolt pattern on the Contour and it did so I have no doubt that this will be any different.
UMMMM hector... it was determined that the bolt patteren was the same for all Zetecs LONG before you got the header.

Joe Hartley
"yes I know it's a MTX Zetec but it beats having a ATX Duratec"

Champagne 96 GL MTX some mods
dynoed at 114.2whp and 124.4wtq (pre CTA intake)
16.858 @ 80.76mph (yes it's slow but still faster than D Davis)
AIM: ZetecRacing
My Site My Profile
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard