i dont have any respect for the zetec when it comes to downright raw power and torque. i do have respect for it when it comes to reliabilty, good gas mileage, acceleration for its size and power ratings, smoothness under acceleration. sure, any motor can be made to run like McQueen's 'stang in bullitt (which was on tonight), but i just dont see the logic in spending a ton of cash on a tiny engine when V8's and V6's offer so much more power without mods. of course it makes sense that they do, but if you want power, why not just buy a vehicle with it already? and i also understand you guys like to tinker and modify your rides, fine. but when it comes down to putting on turbos, internal engine work, superchargers, imo, it is getting a little carried away. and even after all these mods, an average joe in a manual mustang gt or especially a post '93 Z28 will still smoke you stoplight to stoplight, in the twisties, and top-end. jmo of course. when it comes to i-4 fords, i have an '84 Mercury Capri RS turbo 2.3. it has 160,000 miles on it, is still fast and of course, is bone stock. quite a rare car those RS capri turbos are. '84 thru '86 that is. an svo engine with milder cams and a little bit less boost. wink

i will always have a comeback! :o)