Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
#2781 03/06/02 07:29 AM
F
F
And let me remind you that the mustang also has about 500 pounds of extra body that is not needed for an sole purpose but to look bad....redneck racing all the way starsky....typical wisconsin guy!......nice childish remark...."like, it's sooooo G.A.Y.!!!!!!!"

Keep up the good research you stool pusher!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

Pics at helios.acomp.usf.edu/~csurka
The Z that everyone has been asking about and ranking on.......EXPOSED to the public!
#2782 03/06/02 07:30 AM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by FerkTec:
If you guys really consider track temp. and elevation and all these little perks to get better times, and feel better about yourselves knowing that the track was the reason you ran so slow, then you need to get a life! (maybe a faster car)

Trying not offend anyone..
Still faster than you any day of the week and that's the real reason you guys are so pissed off... eek (truth hurts eh :p )

...and 4 doors to boot!

We won't even bring up handling or looks either...

I've had fun picking you losers apart, but being it's so easy it's just not fun anymore...

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
#2783 03/06/02 07:32 AM
F
F
Sorry Demon.......I take it back.....your car looks like S hit now!...and all those mods you did...i'm surprised it runs 14.8....spend another 16,000 and maybe you'll run 14.5

The bare bone fact about your blistering sounds barrier breaking speed is that it's not fast at all. When lightly modded Integras keep with that!

I was trying to be a nice guy and stop all this, but it seems that you can't have it any other way with you Contour guys....so hostile....all of you...can't say anything without automatically being pounded on

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

The Z that everyone has been asking about and ranking on.......EXPOSED to the public!
#2784 03/06/02 07:32 AM
F
F
the track where the supercharged countour ran a 14.8 was crappy fine i understand that....but you said gts there are running 14.9s The track i go to is also crappy and gts run 14.9s there too...so the tracks must be pretty comparable....so then by that correlation my stock tsi is almost as fast as that supercharged contour? how pathetic on the part of the contour is that?

IF you wanted a real sports car, why did you buy a ford...and a contour nonetheless!
#2785 03/06/02 07:39 AM
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by FerkTec:
And let me remind you that the mustang also has about 500 pounds of extra body that is not needed for an sole purpose but to look bad....redneck racing all the way starsky....typical wisconsin guy!......nice childish remark...."like, it's sooooo G.A.Y.!!!!!!!"

Keep up the good research you stool pusher!
That is the best you can do ???

#2786 03/06/02 07:42 AM
F
F
I don't know.....why don't you bring out the dogs...the shotguns....the corn and hay bails and we can have ourselves and old fashioned brawl. How bout it.....grease up the pig and let's see who can catch him. Let's make this happen.

I'm really sorry....but i'm not gonna give you the satisfaction....besides...i heard inbred people weren't very smart anyways!

In Milwaukee....is it still horsepower?...or do you use mule power?

Let me see some pics of your big bad Stang!...you know....the one parked next to the riding mower and tractor!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2787 03/06/02 07:49 AM
R
R
ok, svtman you have my condolences but if the three of you go to school in the same area (maybe even the same school) why are you fighting on here? go dis each others cars face to face. I mean at least 2 of you have decent cars (I'd rather have a '90 300 zx over the '88 but thats just me) and as far as the
Quote:
If you guys really consider track temp. and elevation and all these little perks to get better times
why do you think these statistics are even made available if they don't make a difference. The simple fact of the matter is that a car running a 15.8 1/4 mile somewhere near Denver would run somwhere around 14.8 at sealevel, maybe even lower. also a car running a 14.8 at sea level at 67 degrees would run closer to 15.2 at 95 degrees

Ryan
--------------------
'98 T-Red Mystique LS, MTX, SVT Exhaust, KKM
--------------------
You and the Captain make it happen
(I'm in college what do you expect?)
#2788 03/06/02 07:52 AM
F
F
C'Mon girls... chill out, you're starting to sound like some rambling rice boys...

And yes, track CAN make a difference in your performance, certain elevation, wind characteristics, asphalt.. For instance, the difference between Moroso in WPB, FL and Orlando Speedworld... I don't have the numbers off the top of my head (too late/early to think of them) but Neil (GatorSVT) ran a much better time at Moroso than he did at OSW (I don't remember by how much though, but it was enough to make ya say damn) He'll probably chime in tomorrow morning and tell us...

And Starsky.. I'm sorry but I'll take an LS1 powered F-Body over a 4.6 Stang any day.. Kinda funny how a more archaic, larger engine, can make more HP, AND get better fuel economy than a "High-Tech" Overhead cam V-8.. (as best my memory can serve me, but I do recall reading a Car & Driver comparo between the Camaro and Stang showing this info to be true, but anyone with REAL numbers, please step up and shut me down if I'm wrong)

Let's all act a little civilized here, remember you're at Contour.org, not ClubSi...

-Chris

Chris Hinds
AIM:CJ111010
1998 Contour GL Duratec 5-Spd
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
And I payed for it all myself
#2789 03/06/02 07:52 AM
F
F
Very understandable......but whatever happened to "Let's just go out and race this weekend"....as opposed to "Let me check my barometer to see if it's ok to run this weekend?"

You get my drift?

I do realize the importance for professional racing though....very much so!

Thank you friction!...(I know i added to the fire, but the guy is a prick!)

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2790 03/06/02 07:52 AM
I
I
Sigh, I hate to have to try this, and it's probably a waste of effort, but for some reason I try to be the voice of reason. The track isn't everything. I'll repeat that with an explanation, the track, ad it's times, aren't everything. Case in point, as you see, I drive me Eldorado, and my time on the track is a 14.7 I have a buddy with a bubble Caprice SS. Yea, I know the Caprice never had an SS package, but it's the best descrip for a former FHP Caprice. On the track, his first run was 18 seconds. Yea, feel free to say he had a bad run. He roasted the tires to all hell. Horrible 60 ft time. Second run he ran a 15 flat basically. Still not what the caar can do. I know, because I was in the other lane racing him at the track. I got out of the hole a lot faster than he did. The reason I mention this is because we took it to the streets later that night. We've had about 5 races on the street since. 0-40, my Eldo has not even come close to his Caprice. I just can't match the low end acceleration. I hate to admit it, but he's crushing me out of the hole. Now, if he can get the same type of start at the track, I'll give him a 14.6 est time, maybe less. BTW, side note because I hate admitting he'd win on the 1/4, I'll run him down by 110. DOHC Northstar opens up late in the game. Now, that story was there to proove a mjor point. Here are 2 cars where traction's not an astounding problem normally, and where shifting is all automatic, so tis reliable. now a roughly 4 second time difference on a car without too many variables should give one major demonstration here, driver skill counts for a lot. Now, I could go down to the track with a brand new Z06 Corvette, and if it's a manual, I'll be lucky to finish the race. I can't drive a stick well enough to race it effectively. But, I know some people who can. So, it's possible that people have managed to get SVT contours to run 14's stock. The cars have some balls to them. Now because this is an internet board, there needs to be a bit of trust here. Because I can't check everyone's car on this board. Too damned lazy. So if a guy comes on and says hey, I ran a 14.9 or a 14.8 stock on the 1/4, I'll be suspicious, and I'd like to see the time slip to see if he managed to just get a good start, etc, or if the slip indicates a bit too much power there. Also, we have o define stock. Do tires count as a mod? I have continentals on my car right now. At 30, I can stomp on the gas, and chirp/spin them. I'm FWD and have traction control, shouldn't do that. These tires have no grip, and are hurting my starts. Now, toss a set of Potenza Pole S-03's, I have a feeling I'll drop .2 off my times. My point to this lengthy post is stop, think, and get a few more details people. Going off half cocked leaves the girls disappointed. smile

Words of wisdom...
-I'm too old for this sh*t.
-Dirty jews have well laundered money.

My car: Alyssa
1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
Rockford Fosgate 258 Watt multi channel Amp
Rockford Fosgate 9300X Punch Headunit, MP3 disc, with 8 CD changer.
Pair of 12" Boss 250W speakers in an oversized box
14.730 sec @ 95.79 mph in overdrive.
DYNO! 236.2 FW STD Horsepower
292.8 FW STD torque
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard