Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
A
A
I am interested in the Koni/Spring kit group buy. If it is not to late. The details are important (ie amount of dropage and part #'s) before I buy. If there is any chance of this Flying or Dying someone give me a Email.
Thanks
Asterion76@aol.com

S
S
Hang on -- complete data will be coming soon!Complete install should be finished on my GL "Sport" Wednesday, 24th. Suspension guy is out of surgery & doin' well, so should be no more delays. wink laugh

Before & after measurements and pics will be posted (pics probably on my website). Installation impressions and driver impressions to follow after first AutoX, that next weekend. (Two-day in Dayton if anyone interested)

Before I forget: Many, many kudos to Terry Haines for going out on a limb along with me on getting this setup, as well as many other great things he develops or goes out of his way to get for our cars, to include the Aussie. cool Terry is truly the class of the field for aftermarkets and improvements for CDW27's. laugh It's a pleasure and privilege to know and deal with him.

[Whoever didn't fulfill commitment on this latest buy- hang your heads. No wonder neither Terry nor anyone with sense really wants to do group buys. Lot of work, investment, and inevitable "oh, can't do it nows." :rolleyes: There is a major diff in backing out early, and waiting until after production run starts.]

Anyway, hats off to especially Terry, as well as Chris Hightower and the other serious providers of aftermarket/other market (Euro) parts for our cars.

SCCA WOR/OVR/NEOh Regions
Race Control Marshall
#53 Silver Street Touring "S" '98 Contour
GL; 2.5l-5 spd
"Koni Kit - Sport Struts w/progressive "sport" springs" from HMS!!
Custom 24-mm Rear Sway also from Terry
BAT Camber/Caster through HMS
PF Spherical Ball End Links
Bridgestone S-03's
Grizzly Clutch
lightened SVT flywheel (Thanks KnuConceptz)
DMD from incomparable Terry Haines!
K&N & Dynomax
Mintex pads
Chris Hightower Rear Strut Tower Bar
R
R
i am interested in learning more about this kit. are the camber plates part of the kit or are they seperate? i am not sure exactly what they do but i hope someone can answer that for everyone to know....thanks. i need new struts and springs and i am definetly getting new ones over the winter months while the car is in storage but i just haven't decided on what to get yet. this is going to be a busy winter for modding my car. lots of plans.

Ben

C
C
**** it, my car is riding like **** and I need to get struts/springs in it soon. I am willing to pay full price for this kit, Terry, can you give me info on how to order it from you, assuming that you can still get them?

D
D
SeiCoRacing
1. Thanks for being a pioneer. laugh
2. Can't wait to see your pics
3. How much did you wind up paying, if you don't mind, for the springs/struts & shipping. Please PM me if you don't feel like posting that.
4. Can't wait to see your pics
5. Can't wait to see your pics
laugh

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Derk2000:
SeiCoRacing
1. Thanks for being a pioneer. laugh
2. Can't wait to see your pics
3. How much did you wind up paying, if you don't mind, for the springs/struts & shipping. Please PM me if you don't feel like posting that.
4. Can't wait to see your pics
5. Can't wait to see your pics
laugh
ditto

--alex | 96 GL(sort of) V6 ATX | 98 SE V6 MTX Sport
J
J
Do I at least get props for finding this kit???? frown

Jonathan
98 SVT E0 #4290
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Green Growler:
i see lots and lots of questions about what they will do to yur tours

well i have a 95 mondeo v6(as yu can see by my sig)

I fitted Koni lowering kit (40 mm = 1.6 ") and I am running 17inch wheels (ST200)

Some pics are here of prior to drop Pre Drop

There is even a pic showing different front spring heights

I will be posting some more recent pics soon
I think the concern over here is that your starting height on the Mondeo appears much higher. Everyone talks of drop, but they need to look at final ride height, which no-one really lists. So, we think that comparing a 40mm drop on a Mondy to a 40mm drop on a Contique is like apples and oranges.

I spent a lot of time over on the MEG boards when this first started, and found a few pics and mostly satisfied customers. People are just skittish, though, when it comes to spending several hundred dollars. Go figure.

"Function before fashion."

'96 Contour SE
T
OP Offline
T
The kit is listed for an ST200 Mondeo, which is lower than the std to start with.....

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
C
C
I will be putting this on a 99 SE so I'm sure I will be fine. I want to do it soon because I've got 70k miles and was hauling DJ equipment in the car for awhile so it wore out the struts and the car is riding like crap. I'll pay full price if I have too, but we probably already have 5 people that are willing to buy this without seeing the results

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard