Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe:
I grabbed the pulley wheel and the impeller and reefed on it. It seemed as tough as nails. Maybe it wasn't made on Friday or Monday?
You also checked the impeller cone with equal verve? If the cone was loose, don't get too comfy. wink

Karl

*** It's all about consistency! ***

98 SVT Contour
86 Ranger GT
69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
67 Formula-S Barracuda
J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by 98SVT:
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe:
[b]I grabbed the pulley wheel and the impeller and reefed on it. It seemed as tough as nails. Maybe it wasn't made on Friday or Monday?
You also checked the impeller cone with equal verve? If the cone was loose, don't get too comfy. wink

Karl[/b]
But ofcourse I checked it!!!

http://www.contour.org/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=014082&p=

Joe, 98 GL sport (V6 MTX)
F
F
I replaced mine in May with Ford OEM. It comes w/ two short hoses. The hose that goes under the manifold just below the TB area, ! 1 !/2 hours of fighting with the factory clamp. I should of used one of the (name??? mind is going) There not a whole lot of space to get any wrench in there, so having the proper tool might no have helped.
Everything was fine, I changed the housing just in case the cone was loose. I still ended up staking the new one. The original looked better staked than the new one. No surprise I guesss?
Paul
98 Mystique LS
I also keep spare set of rotors to rotate just like tires. damn 4 bolt lug wheels!!!!!!

J
Joe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by F111D F:
....Everything was fine, I changed the housing just in case the cone was loose. I still ended up staking the new one.....
Was the cone on the new one loose? Or was staking the new one just a precautionary thing?

Joe, 98 GL sport (V6 MTX)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard