Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
sigma, I wish I could have your optimism about the prospective vehicles automakers are trotting out. I have seen nothing I would want to buy, and everything is moving farther and farther away from what I demand in an automobile.

Well, luckily, I'm not quite as picky as you, James.

The Kabura is right at the top of my list. Not so much the concept as-is (it's a concept after all, therefore quite exaggerated), but the idea of a Coupe solidly between the MX-5 and RX-8 is precisely what I'm looking for. The fact that Mazda has said that they could make it even lighter than the Miata says, to me, that they're taking it serious as a proper drivers car.

The updated RX-8 and/or its' successor will be out around the same time. Definitely looking forward to that. Rumor is of a direct-injected Renesis which will help boost its' output considerably. Maybe by then they'll have the bugs worked out of the Renesis that they've been having particularly in very hot (read: my) climate. I'm still tempted to buy an '04 or '05 now. I had refused to buy a used Renesis, but if I could pick one up that just got one of their engine change-outs they're doing on almost all of them for a song, I still might do it. I could pick it up so cheap that a new car in a couple years would still be an option.

Rumors of yet another Mazda sports car abound as well. A true high-end sportscar like the FD RX-7. A recent promotion has made such a car (probably closer to $40K) a more realistic option for me. Provided it ever does arrive. I doubt it. 3 sportscars is more than enough for little Mazda.

The new GTO will be out around then. I really like the current version (I know you don't, James), looking forward to what they can do for the next one.

And there's a variety of other not-so-new cars that I'd be interested in, but their high-prices make me prefer to wait until they're at least a year old to save on that high depreciation hit -- the C6 'Vette, Cayman, and Z4 M Coupe off the top of my head.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX