Hi guys,

I am new and found the forum last week by accident.
I have learn't alot over the past week Thanks for a great site,

Ok, 2000 contour se 2.5L duratec, Owned from new, 95K.

Problem 1. With 1/4 tank fuel or less, if I accelerate hard especially out of a corner I get a huge flat spot/misfire.
Also have problem 2. that has recently started to occur, I think is related, sometimes if the car is started, it will idle really rough and stall out. It cannot be started for several hours afterwards. Car has spark, (I did not check for fuel pressure.) It will turn over briskly but will not fire. I have changed the fuel filter, cleaned the IAT and MAF, replaced aircleaner, and plugs (original plugs, at 90k! replaced with champion plats. Hadn't read about the autolites). Car still flats out/misses with the gas tank low frequently and will stall out and not start only occassionally (when gas tank is very low) Other than this the car runs like a top. The car owes me nothing at the moment, so throwing on a new fpump before winter won't break my heart after 6 six years. No CEL illuminated.

Should I try a new fuel pump ? If so what is the procedure and which pump is recomended.