Originally posted by sigma:
I personally use Experian myself. I use their CreditExpert program though, where I pay $10/month for them to constantly monitor my credit report for any changes. It's pretty cool in that they immediately notify me of any changes; I can open a new account at a store and there'll be an email when I get home notifying me that someone opened an account. And I get to pull my credit report as often as I'd like. Not a bad deal for a measly $120/year. I was spending $60/year just pulling the credit reports myself once a quarter, so now I can do it whenever I want, and the extra $60 is a small price to pay for the peace of mind of the monitoring thing.

I recently signed up for their credit monitoring, through PayPal, who were offering the service for free. I don't know if it's as in-depth as the CreditExpert service, but it notifies me every time any one of my credit lines increases by more than a specified amount or percentage, as well as every time there is an inquiry on my credit history. I figure it's worth the free service for identity theft monitoring.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851