Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by Toadster:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by Toadster:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/08/22/amd_dual_core_laptops_have_arrived/page19.html

However, compared to an Intel platform based on the Core Duo and the company's own GM 945 chipset, the combination of AMD CPU and ATI chipset is inferior in terms of battery time and multitasking performance. Therefore, under equal conditions, it can only be regarded as the second choice - if it is worth getting at all. The Core Duo 2, Intel's next generation of laptop processors is already at hand, and first measurements show that the Core Duo 2 is even more powerful while not consuming more power.

doesn't even compare go Centrino!

Good info. Will the new chip also run Vista?

I still won't pay the premium for an Intel chip based system. Besides, AMD will respond.

absolutely it will run Vista! i have several sytems running Vista right now... P4, P4D, P4EE, and Core 2 Duo

64 or 32 bit Vista?

what i listed will run both 64-bit and 32-bit Vista

Quote:

However, this difference cannot compensate for the 20% performance advantage of the Intel Core 2 Duo over the Athlon 64 X2 working at the same clock speed, which we have pointed out in our previous articles. Therefore, we will not change our conclusions about the performance of the new Intel processors even keeping in mind the upcoming launch of 64-bit Windows Vista OS family.

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website