Originally posted by Pete D:
Originally posted by Toadster:
Originally posted by Pete D:
I'd go with whichever one runs cooler.

definitely the Intel chip then

Do you have any facts to back this up? (besides the fact of you working for Intel)

I have seen a ton of Celeron, P3 and P4 laptops that all have thermal probs. Not saying the Turion runs cooler, just looking for the hard data.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=288&type=expert&pid=10

Heat
To measure the heat put out by the T7600 CPU, we take measurements using the CPUā??s internal thermal diode and by attaching a temperature probe to the top of the processorā??s heatpipe.

Intelā??s production of the mobile Core 2 Duo CPUs has definitely improved quite a bit! The T7600 performs much cooler than the T7400 Engineering Sample and slightly cooler than the Core Duo T2600, but that would be because of the cooler ambient temperature.

Impressions and Conclusions

Intel has done it! While in our early look at the T7400 showed rather poor battery performance the T7600 we have tested today, which is heading into production, has made drastic improvements. We can now say without a doubt that Intel's latest mobile CPU has nailed the holy grail in mobile computing - it performs faster, consumes less power, and generates less heat. What else is there to say besides that?

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website