I still haven't quite figured out how horns work, every time I apply +12V to them with the body grounded, they just pop like if you do the same to a speaker. I remember one specific event when I had this weird looking horn that when hooked to the battery of my Pontiac 6000 wagon, it would POP and that was it. When I plugged the wire that goes to the OEM horn, it would honk (but sounded like crap, so I threw it away).

I'm thinking you will also need a horn relay, and that might be what makes the horn actually honk?

The Mercedes I had for a couple hours had an interesting factory setup. 4 horns, 2 "beep beep" style (like what a Honda has) and 2 normal (but really really deep) horns. There was a switch on the dash that would swap between the 2 sets.

Oh wait, you said air horns... AFAIK, you will just need +12V to the motor or valve for these to work. Just get some hot to a momentary contact switch, then from the switch to the horn. Good to go!

Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 08/30/06 02:43 AM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V