Originally posted by BP:
i can see you won't budge from bush's lap. whatever...it's all clinton's fault.

Yet again you refuse to see my point. I can ONLY comment on what I know to be FACT. You refuse to admit that Clinton could have taken out Osama and saved us a ton of headaches, and that Osama started his Jihad against American DURING Clinton's watch... Sure enuff if Abu Musab al-Zarqawi would have become a major terror player in 5 years you'd have no problem blaming Bush.

Originally posted by BP:
these look like your goals. the way i remember it was the war in iraq being tied directly to the wot.

These are the EXACT mission goals from the Iraqi campaign. Goes to show that you have NO idea what we are really doing there.

Originally posted by BP:
the expectation was never set other than remove saddam from power.

See my previous post for actual mission objectives.

Originally posted by Pete D:
I'm trying to follow your train of thought here. How does the US pulling out of the ME (and especially ending all ties to Isreal) end up in the collapse of the global economy and our way of life as we know it

Let's see how this would work out.

First, Isreal would be destroyed, or at the very least occupied. Next you would have Syria and Iran gaining in power in the region, able to say and do whatever they want, and shutting out all outside sources of information, thus winning the propaganda war, and bringing more youngsters under their reign. You would also have total collapse of the int'l waterways in the region, since currently the US Navy ensures open transport routes free of pirates. Adding in that Iran and Syria would then exert their influence on every country in the region once again (Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, etc) and now you have the majority of the worlds oil in control of a rogue group. With int'l shipping hurting, and oil under their control, what do you think would happen here? Those large numbers of youngers I talked about above? Yeah, I'm sure they'd be happy with their small section... No, actually they'd then set their sights on the moderate Mulim nations, such as Egypt, Saudi, etc -- those with any ties to the West. From there you've now ended up creating an entire region of the world that is lawless and a breeding ground for terror. You think Iraq is bad now? Imagine an area 50x the size, where instead of 1% of the people willing to die to kill any American you have more along the lines of 50%, growing each year...

Understand now? And that's a VERY high level overview...

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo