Tom,

Anything specific you want to know about bowhunting? Practice is the best thing for you. I'd also see if you can find someplace to set up a stand or two. It's very tough to ground hunt deer with a bow due to the short range and the movement required to draw the bow. A blind or tree stand are about the only way to fly. If you can set a couple that you'll use for the entire season, I'd recommend practicing out of them while they're in place to get the feel for shooting from a particular stance. Also, shooting downward such as from a tree stand will slightly alter an arrow's trajectory as well.

About the best general practice you'll get is by attending some 3D archery tournaments. They're a lot of fun and I'd imagine you should be able to find one every weekend in your neck of the woods. Go to any local archery store and they should be able to hook you up with a list of clubs holding tournaments.

Let me know if you've got any specific questions. I hunted for a few years, but shot competitive archery for 10+ years.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale