No prob, johnoh.

It's best not to try adjusting any screws on the throttle body. The only adjustment that I can see is the air bypass screw, and that is sealed at the factory. I wouldn't mess with it if I were you.

Oh, yeah, do this while the car is turned off, since it won't idle right with the air box off, and you'd have no way of knowing if it helps or not. I did mine with the air box off, but I'd have to go out and look at it again to see if you can get to it with the box on.

The throttle cable is the one closest to the passenger side. It is attached to the black cam on passenger side of the throttle body shaft. The other one should be your cruise control cable.

The throttle cable is held in place in the bracket by a steel clip that slips in the top of the bracket. Take a look at the throttle cable housing, it has a lot of "notches" or rings on it where it goes into the bracket.

If you pull the clip off, you can then pull the cable housing back from the bracket. You'll feel it click as you pull it back. That's what I mean about only going one or two notches at a time. If you pull it too far out, the car will idle too fast, and that's not a good thing. After you pull it out a notch or 2, put the clip back on.

You just want it to idle a tiny bit higher so it smooths out. It made a huge difference on mine.

I have other issues to sort out, but I can't seem to find a fix for my surging/bucking problem. I looked through the archives, but the closest I could come to a fix was posted about 4 years ago, and the link to the fix seems to be dead. Darn.

Last edited by hopalong; 08/25/06 02:21 PM.

95 Contour GL 2.0 Zetec auto trans electric everything