Originally posted by hopalong:
Take the clip loose that holds the cable housing in place, and pull the housing out a little, until you get it where you want it. Put the clip back on, and it should idle a bit higher. Just do it a notch at a time, until it's where you want it. You don't want it to idle too high.

Welcome hopalong that is what I was looking for! Although I am not quite getting your instructions so please bear with me a bit.

There are two cables, the (throttle?) cable which is nearer the TB and then two inches toward the passenger wheel is yet another cable (the speed sensor cable?), which has a green plastic connector about an inch long near its end. So I am not sure which of these two you mean.

Also when you say "take the clip loose that holds the cable housing in place", I'm afraid I do not understand that.

There is the springloaded spring-wound housing (which I am thinking is the cable housing you referred to) that connects directly to the TB, but I do not see how its clipped or how I would loosen it. There is also the cable guide housing where the cable goes from bare wire to plastic-covered wire, but I am thinking you do not mean that.

Would you mind taking another go at the instructions? Thanks a million.

Side point - there DOES appear to be an idle adjustment screw on the passenger side of the TB, but I do not see how one could turn it. By removing the passenger-wheel facing allen-head screw that connects the springwound housing to the TB, you can then see a screw under it that has no visible way of turning it. Its about 1/4 inch in diameter and sits vertically and protrudes down below the housing, and a piece of metal on the housing hits it which causes the cable housing to stop. If I could turn that screw, it appears that the cable housing would not be able to loosen as far, causing the throttle plate to be kept slightly open. Hmm

'95 Contour GL 2.0l automatic, 110k miles