Originally posted by fastcougar:
You should have searched or at least asked first. The proper and oddly enough, the quickest way to do this is to disconnect everything but the strut from the knuckle and then remove the knuckle end of the cv joint from the hub. This isn't rocket science, but trying to cut corners with suspension work is only asking for problems!

I'll try to understand wtf that meant later. Especially since I was removing the lca from the knuckle when it pulled out. But I'm not about to waste time on you.

Anyway, maybe some of my problem is that there seems to be alot of names thrown at this joint. So that probably didn't help in my searching. And that post would have been valuable to find a little sooner.

But the strut(attached to knuckle) did have a big part to play in pulling out the inner joint. The thing kicked straight out to the side when the lca let loose. I'm still not sure how the thing went straight out of the car, I was above the fender standing on the pry bar. All I know is that I was above it, and out pry let loose and bam! There a strut sticking out the side of my car and the boot over the tripod bearing is the only thing holding it.

But either way Thanks for the info and the help. I still have to wait on the strut bearings to even start putting things back together.

I have messed with the shaft enough to get the knuckle to line up with the ball joint on the LCA. It feels like the tripod bearing is back in the slots. Also I can only turn the shaft to where it hits the stop on the tranny because the trans is in park.

I'll try to get pictures/video up.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood