When taking the engine out of the car, I removed the bellows from the tripodes and pulled the axles straight out rather than pulling the complete halfshaft assemblies.
Now I'm ready to change to a custom axle that's an inch and a quarter longer than stock for my hybrid mid-engine conversion Kelmark project build. My Ford manual explains pulling the passenger side tripode with a slide hammer. I presume that the clip on the inside is the compression type like the CV joint end of the axle was. It took some courage to whack the brass drift hard enough to seprate the CV from the axle, and I'm wondering if the tripode is going to be as tough. That's my first question to the experienced guys in the forum.
The manual identifies a tool that is inserted from the passenger side of the tranny to dislodge the drivers side clip, or maybe it pushes the drivers side tripode out. That's my second question. I notice some wobbliness on the drivers side tripode relative to the tranny, so I suspect I have a loose worn spline. Has this been the case for other members? Thanks for your advise and experience in advance.
Gar