A couple years ago I went to a dealership that had a Duratec with a 5-speed (99 I think). I pulled up in my SVT and asked to look at it. The thing seemed mechanically sound, but the interior and exterior were beat to hell. There were horrible looking stains everywhere inside, but the kicker was the baby toys and food in the front seat, back seat, and the trunk. There were two guys trying to work me over on this thing, one playing good cop and one playing bad cop. The good cop kept telling me how fit the car was. When I mentioned the utter filth, the bad cop asked me if I expected them to have it detailed before they put it on the lot. I pointed to my SVT and said "that's what I drove here in, so basically, yes." They gave up on me at that point.

I've found that going to look at any used car in my SVT and pointing it out to the salesman at some point really takes the pressure off. They seem to realize that unless they can show me something better than what I already have they aren't going to win me over by brute force.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures