Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Lehighton PA. haha Actually 895 is closer to where I live. But I think 248 might be your ride into Lehighton.

And I thought your clutch was going? We don't need two contours Stuck in my drive way JK

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ZeroHour:
And I thought your clutch was going? We don't need two contours Stuck in my drive way JK

Lol! I thought it was, but I think my transmission is "unhappy." Some gears are occasionally very rough to get into, and sometimes it feels like the shift tower itself grinds on something. So, I have no clue. I'll probably find out when I go to this meet and can't make it back.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hooray for Advanced autoparts never having parts!

I had to order strut bearings online. They won't be here till at least Monday next week.

But at least I have the Ball Joint Tool now

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Maybe next weekend we can come help you. Would that work?

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Haha It might. As of right now I believe I have gotten the cv joint back in. But it seems to come out fairly easy. So I'm not so sure if it is in correctly. Tomorrow I'll have to try to get a light and my camera taped to the fender.

The Strut bearings should be here next week while I'm at school and I'll have a three day weekend because of Labor day. I have the ball joint fork so that should aid in romoving the other side. Hopefully I will be able to wrap this up then next weekend.

I still can't believe how painful this has been. I did struts and springs on my brother's subaru and it was a PITA until we figured out how to do it. But this doesn't even begin to compare.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
It's a Contour, that's why you are having problems. Trust me, I know, anyone who has worked on one knows.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
lol Most any project has its pita moments. This only part that wasn't a pita was ordering the springs and bushings. Everything after just went down hill...

I'm trying to think of cost to date:
Bushings: ~35
Springs: ~180
Struts: ~325
Strut Bearings: ~40
Propane Torch & Stricker: ~20
Undercoat & Paint: ~15
Ball Joint Tool & 6mm allen: ~15
Another floor jack: ~30

Total Cost: ~660

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
You should never tally up the project cost. It usually makes things worse. Just try to think of how much better the car will be with the money invested.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
...and think of all the knowledge and experience you gained...

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
haha I know, Its just a price limited college kid. And the orignal budget just about doubled.

And I had plenty of experienced be mad at stuff already.

The biggest let down right now is that I won't make the meet Saturday for frisbee golf. Not to mention with the extra 12+++ hours and all the time waiting on parts and researching, I'm coming down to line to get everything ready for college.

Althought right now the only thing missing off my list of stuff to get it duct tape looks like round 4 at walmart.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard