Quote:

Check if the TSS electrical connector is broken or dirty or wiring is frayed. Per Ford CD, you do not have to disconnect battery when changing the TSS.

Wiring seems fine, though hanging loose. I will have to get the car up in the air to trace the wires up to thier source, but I don't see any fraying or breaks. Connector seems fine as well. Plugged in tight and not broken.

However, I now have some tranny fluid leakage around the new TSS. Not much but enough to bother me. TSS bolt is tight but not over-tight.

Quote:

Check engine/tranny mounts.

As noted in my OP, the front and rear roll resistor inserts are toast. I am waiting on new inserts. I don't see whhat they have to do with the P-D and 1-2 BANG shift though. It was the bang shift that broke the front roll resistor. Also all vibration and shuddering disappeared after I put the new TSS in and came back along with the banging into gear after approximately 50 kms, which made me wonder if I got one that went defective.

Quote:

Check Manual lever position sensor and cable.

MLPS seems fine. Tranny doesn't hunt around for the right gear when driving and positions are right on.

Quote:

Cable below tranny shift lever

Cable is fine. Lever moves smoothly and freely as normal.