Alright!! Took the cat off and gutted it today. Actually wasn't too bad to do... much much easier than a pre-98 zetec waterpump replacement thats for sure!

Anyway, with the cat gutted the performance is back to what it used to be! In fact, I haven't felt it have this much kick in a while! Noise level increase is barely detectable in my car.

Will it hurt anything if I have to drive it around for a little while before I can get around to making my own MIL eliminator and installing it? I'm running out of time here and need to prioritize some important things I have to get done.

User Alibies told me it would be fine and that he ran his car for a while without the MIL in place, and said that the PCM would take fuel out to try to lean out that lower oxygen sensor's reading. Sounds correct to me, but just wanted to make sure. He also said he noticed more power after the eliminator was installed. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, just wanted to get a second opinion before I put many miles on this thing.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels