Originally posted by Pole120:
Originally posted by tsSVT:
Although Pole120 has a lot of knowledge,he is not completely accurate on this subject.You can install the bushing with the sleeve, and while on the car.

Did i ever claim to be an expert and did i ever state it couldn't be done on the car?

Install the bushing with the sleeve???

You're talking about using a bushing removal tool...wich should push the stock bushing and the sleve it's molded too out of the knuckle. AFAIK you cannot install the ES bushing with the stock metal sleve sill in the knuckle, it just won't fit correctly, the center standof for the ES bushing will fit so tightly you can't even rotate it. The bushing comes bevled just enough to be pressed in as-is WITOHUT the stock sleve in the knuckle...

I've done this install 3 times...all went flawlessly and needed no modification to any bushings.

Wow,wait a minute,I wasn't bashing you.I'm sorry if it came off that way.I have done this on my car.The center portion of my bushings just tore out of the knuckle and left the sleeve when I ran the tool threw.I just wanted to point out that it can be done.The bushing fits perfectly in the sleeve.I don't know if the bushing needs to be beveled to get it in this way,but I tore one of the ES bushings the first time I tried to do this.I didn't want to take any chances.Maybe i'm reading this wrong but what part are you talking about rotating?I assume you talking about the sleeve in the bushing?I don't know If mine can rotate or not.All I know is that there doesn't seem to be any binding or noise from the bushings.

Again,I'm sorry if I offended you,I just want to point out that it is possible to do this another way.

2000 Silver SVT