Depends on what you're studying. I hated it with a passion. Every class I took was absolutely atrocious. IMO, the backgrounds that have higher earning potential are often times not the most enjoyable!!! This is a general rule of thumb, though there are some cases where this rule doesn't hold up. Though, I must point out that these instances are even rarer when coupled with the fierce global competition for work.

In terms of enjoyment, it's all relative. Obviously, a more difficult study is going to bog you down w/work and less free time, coupled w/a job and now you're viewing my deprived "college experience!" I guess I speak w/spite due to the added responsibilities I had, that probably hindered my college experience.

Even if it is torture for you now, it's still worth considering to pursue your educational career. From my point of view, it's only a few years of your life; might as well bust your butt now and have good financial stability in your old age. I would also like to argue the point that those currently in school may have a differing response to those out of school. IMO, higher-education is taking a crucial turn in the last few years as a result of a constantly volatile economy. Education is much more competitve now than it was half a decade ago. As a result, I believe it's more stressful, and less rewarding. In today's real world, it is hard to have a mediocre lifestyle even w/ graduating from college. Case in point, I had many friends who studied humanities during their college career and now are working jobs they could have had with just a high school diploma. Though this is just a rouge example, I think it can be upheld as a trend.

Anyways, my advice is just take a year and try it. It won't make you or break you financially, and will give you a good perspective.

99 Black Contour SE Sport