Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
i was told at work that the new dodge calibers are being built with engines that were made over 2 years ago. (left over from some other vehicle) Anyone know if this is true? I wonder if anything could go wrong with using an engine that sat for that long, or would it matter if it was never fired up?

so what? the zetec was pretty old when it went into the contour in 95. IIRC the Zetec has been around since early 1992... the First contours were made in late 94 and they had Zetecs... So the engine platform was already 2 years old when it went into the contour.

Even if thats true (which im sure its not)im not bothered at all by a 1.8L I4 that produces 148 horses... Personally I see that as an awesome power/litre ratio... thats roughly 82 horses per litre.

Umm, I think you missed something there. Read the original post again. Logger was talking about engines that were manufactured 2 years ago and never used.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!