Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1630268 08/15/06 12:13 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by m!key:
wow! i bet you are blinding all kinds of people with the HIDs not being used with projectors. scatter that light!

"Blinded by the light, revd up like a duece..."

Blinded by the light
Wrapped up like a deuce
Another runner in the night

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1630269 08/15/06 12:16 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by starjammir:
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
STOP ENCOURAGING HALF-ASSED HID INSTALLS!!!

sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine. installed bulbs and balasts do not an HID make. put some proper projectors in there or take the kit out. period.

~Andrew

You can buy HID's for reflectors you know Just because I dont want to go the projector route doesnt mean that I cant have em. I think it sounds like some people want to donate some money to me. If this is the case, PM me otherwise STFU.

Seriously... HID's are a personal preference. Not everyone wants to drop a grand on projector head lights that leak. As nice as they are, its a freaking waste of money. I swear to god I'm going to buy 12,000k just so I can see a 10 page thread with a bunch of [censored] little sissy girls crying. Its the same people every single time that bash these threads when they are posted (and no, I dont mean just you goonzy).

Also a pet peeve of mine is people who drive v dubs and think they are cool on CEG...

Rant off...

On a lighter note. Bill, they look alot better at night then they do in the day... Thats for sure.

And LOL @ todd for calling out the canadian.

#1630270 08/15/06 01:05 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I swear to god I'm going to buy 12,000k just so I can see a 10 page thread with a bunch of [censored] little sissy girls crying.

DO IT!!!

I agree about the projectors though. They are too damn expensive and too much work. Not worth the difference IMO. D2R bulbs and proper aiming will not blind any drivers so save it mikey and Pimpalicious.

My HIDs without projectors are WAY more than enough for what I need.

Think about how many cars came with HIDs from the factory and no projectors. They must of been blinding drivers also then right? I bet someone paid off the DOT to get these things on the road.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
#1630271 08/15/06 01:05 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Seriously... HID's are a personal preference. Not everyone wants to drop a grand on projector head lights that leak. As nice as they are, its a freaking waste of money. I swear to god I'm going to buy 12,000k just so I can see a 10 page thread with a bunch of [censored] little sissy girls crying. Its the same people every single time that bash these threads when they are posted (and no, I dont mean just you goonzy).

Also a pet peeve of mine is people who drive v dubs and think they are cool on CEG...

i bolded all the false statements and italisized all statements that make you sound like a douche.

now, onto my post...

how many OEM manufacturers put HID's in halogen housings? go ahead, go look up that number and let me know.

i'll save you some work...NONE. HID's belong in HID projector housings and nothing else. bottom line. end of story. there is no rebutal to that statement as it is a FACT. you can't bend it, twist it, spin it around, nothing. if you put HID's in a halogen housing, you are a moron and will be treated as such by people that know what the [censored] they are talking about. is it my problem you are a poor mother [censored] and can't afford to do it the right way? not at all. get a better job or don't do it at all.

oh, and somehow owning a VW makes me appear cool on CEG. not sure how that little jump in logic works, but glad i can be cool

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
#1630272 08/15/06 01:09 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

i'll save you some work...NONE. HID's belong in HID projector housings and nothing else. bottom line. end of story. there is no rebutal to that statement as it is a FACT. you can't bend it, twist it, spin it around, nothing. if you put HID's in a halogen housing, you are a moron and will be treated as such by people that know what the [censored] they are talking about. is it my problem you are a poor mother [censored] and can't afford to do it the right way? not at all. get a better job or don't do it at all.

oh, and somehow owning a VW makes me appear cool on CEG. not sure how that little jump in logic works, but glad i can be cool

~Andrew

Gotta agree with pimp on these. I would have thrown in some Silverstars and put the rest of the $ toward something else like rims.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1630273 08/15/06 01:22 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
if you put HID's in a halogen housing, you are a moron and will be treated as such by people that know what the [censored] they are talking about.

I can't even believe I'm arguing with you. I dont even have HID's. Its the fact that you are trying to turn your opinions into facts... And its annoying. Maybe, just maybe, people like the look over an HID conversion kit compared to the projector look. I personally dont like how with projectors, when they bounce there is a color change. It looks pretty stupid.

is it my problem you are a poor mother [censored] and can't afford to do it the right way? not at all. get a better job or don't do it at all.

Poor... STFU, it has nothing to do with being poor.

It was a joke, lighten up

#1630274 08/15/06 01:22 PM
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Umm, HIDs do come in non projector form from the factory!! I can go take pics of our Infinity if you dont believe me. And honestly, my moms Saab as a crystal clear cut off line (with halogens), but its from a reflector based housing! I will take pics tonight if you dont believe me.

Projectors and HIDs do not go hand in hand. Ill be happy to back this up with pics, however you wont see much until tonight.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
#1630275 08/15/06 01:28 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Umm, HIDs do come in non projector form from the factory!! I can go take pics of our Infinity if you dont believe me. And honestly, my moms Saab as a crystal clear cut off line (with halogens), but its from a reflector based housing! I will take pics tonight if you dont believe me.

Projectors and HIDs do not go hand in hand. Ill be happy to back this up with pics, however you wont see much until tonight.

i promise, PROMISE, your headlights were designed with HID's in mind, not halogen bulbs. therein lies the difference. sticking HIDs into a housing designed and enginered for halogen bulbs is ridiculous, and as i stated before, half assed.

so take all the pictures you want (no one ever got killed for whoring their ride ), but it won't help in the arguement.

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
#1630276 08/15/06 01:39 PM
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
I agree that the Infinity was most likely designed for the HIDs. The Saab, however, Im not sure about. From the same model year and up (2005), all the HID Saabs I see are projectors, so I dont know that you could get them from the factory in the reflector housing. This housing does have the cleanest cutoff Ive ever seen for a reflector, regardless of its intended use.

In any case, I just posted that because I was getting the impression that it seemed as though HIDs must be in projectors, and nothing else. Just clearing that up. . . . continue!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
#1630277 08/15/06 01:39 PM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Think about how many cars came with HIDs from the factory and no projectors. They must of been blinding drivers also then right? I bet someone paid off the DOT to get these things on the road.

all those factory reflectors were made for HID's..

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard