Short indeed! I am still getting used to it, and to the different feel of..well, everything.

As for the "glug-glug-glug" comments, on the highway it gets much better gas mileage than I expected. In the city....well, grab your ankles.

The service history looks to be pretty good: the previous owner has a lifelong friend who is a mechanic at an independent Bimmer shop here in Ottawa. TONS of stuff replaced in the past year. Snows on rims (16 inch Borbets) came with the car.

And I will not skimp on the fluids. The SVT runs Mobil 1, this will run BMW LL-01 spec oil (Both Castol Syntec and Mobil 1 have a grade that meets the spec), and only the best for others as well.

I go into this with my eyes open: I know the rads go every 60K or so, the trip computer drops pixels like crazy (fixed for free in the US, but in Canada? Hell no!) and that the rear window regulators are problematic (I bought it with a bad window). The only surprises were a bad subwoofer, and a couple of minor cosmetic issues that I didn't cathch before purchase. Aside from that, smooth sailing.

My only worry is the struts. Big job. Rear seat has to come out. Yikes.

A part of me thinks I should have nabbed my Mustang now, but hey, if I still feel this way in a year, I'll have driven a 540I Sport for a year.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."