Originally posted by Zabz:
OK and i was also told the SVT kit will bolt up to my car in the rear and sides...but the front needs to be moded...What exactly would i need to do...i have a 95 LX....

The short answer is cut both bumpers in half horizontally in the same place. Take the upper half from your car, the lower half from the SVT, plastic weld them together, reinforce the joint w/ fiberglass, bondo, paint, install.

It's a lot of work though.

As far as the kit goes, I think the best looking non-SVT kit is Andy's Auto Sport. But just the front bumper. The skirts look like big 2x4 pieces of sh!t. I can't remember what the rear AAS bumper looks like. The AAS front bumper is nice and deep, and doesn't have all the crazy ricer styling. You'd have to do the cut and mold steps with the AAS kit too, as I think it only came for the 98+.

If you're set on having a wing, then get a nice fiberglass wing with supports you can paint body color. Nothing looks tackier (IMO) than a big black wing (unless the car is black) with open strut-style supports.

Just remember as you mod it, the car is called a "Contour", it's not a blocky square Element or xB. Keep that in mind, try and keep your mods relevant to the car's styling, and you'll be golden.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.