Originally posted by LittleFishie:

How do you like actually living there, through all 4 seasons? Any issues with tourists? What are the winters like there? How does it compare with other places you have lived (esp. with Michigan if possible!)? Biggest downfalls to living there (besides no liquor sales on Sundays)?

I lived in Greeley as well. I went to UNC from '98 to '02. My best friend went to CU, so I've spent a lot of time in Boulder. So, I'll throw my 2 cents in.

All 4 seasons are nice. I grew up in the SW, so I'm used to it. When it snows, it'll probably melt off the roads in 24-48hrs max. You can almost count on a sunny day to follow a snow storm. It'll be 32 degrees outside, and you'll need your sunglasses. You'll have some freak snow storms in May, but for the most part the spring is nice (not gray & cloudy like the NE). Summers are great, and fall is amazing.

Tourists? Well, I didn't live in Boulder, so I can't really speak.

Downfalls? Well, you can buy 3.2 beer on Sundays, but that's it. (I just moved from UT...3.2 every day! ). I think Colorado is growing waaay too rapidly. Boulder Co. is kinda cool in that it has a growth limit capped each year and an anti-sprawl boundry. But, that makes living in Boulder Co. really expensive. If you're like the average person and you don't want to pay $1500/mo. for rent in Boulder, you'll look at other communities. But then you're doing the commute thing...which absolutely SUCKS in Colorado. Simply put, there are too many people doing the same damn thing. (Friday, 3:00PM, I'm trying to get through the city...goin' 55mph, then... STOP! I used to call it the Denver Stop.) The roads are very congested.

On the plus side, CO is very bike friendly. If you're willing and able, a bike commute is a great idea. Plus, the casual lifestyle in CO will allow for you to pack a bunch of clothes into your bag...and you don't really have to worry about wrinkles in your work clothes. Also, BIG PLUS, Denver is working on expanding their light rail.

Another downfall: I think many of the cities in CO are becoming generic. You can find an AppleBees, Chili's, Barns & Noble, etc etc in darn near every city. Ft. Collins, on the north side, has some cool and original businesses. But on the south side (where the rapid growth is), it's the same ol' stuff you'd find in Longmont.

All in all, I loved living in CO. It's a pretty cool state. I would consider moving back to CO, and Boulder would be my #1 choice. It has kept it's "feel" and originality over the years.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.