Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I find it funny how people say "nice car, but it's still a Neon" type comments, coming from a group that drives and mods Contours.

Now that I think about it, there is a slight difference in the situation. The Contour was originally designed to have 'some' driving experience included - European handling, available V-6 from day 1 & all. Poor Ford marketing & nagging problems did the Contour in (which did very well in Europe). If I've got my facts straight, the Neon was introduced as an econo-box & was then modded to become the SRT-4 - kinda an afterthought to capture some tuner market. That said, they did one helluva job with with the SRT-4!

If I was 20 something again, I'd be lookin' at one. Unfortunately, I'm 40-something so my preference of vehicles is taking me in a different direction than most CEGers.

iam 32 now, and ya, its a fast car, that is for sure, i have some friends here in milwaukee who have some nice and fast modded neons, but all i can think about when i see them is "HI".. lol

1999 T-Red Contour SE Sport S&B Filter Custom 2.25 exhaust with magnaflow parts. Focus 16" Rims