Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
I'm not concerned about offending people, but I am concerned with our government discriminating against certain people (more than they already do). I also believe that we need to really study the safety improvements for actions versus the harm they cause to people BEFORE we just implement them knee-jerk.

You must treat everyone equally and interfere with their lives as little as possible. I think banning beverages and making people check basic toiletries is excessive, and nobody really studied the added safety before implementing it.

That is not coming from a liberal point of view, but a libertarian one.

Fine. No studied added security benefits - granted. My questions for you then are:

1. Given the circumstances, what were the potential benefits of the policy - at least short term?

2. While a study of the proposed new policies is going on, do you shut down the airports? For how long? At what cost? Or do you maintain the status quo which would have done NOTHING to stop a potential follow up terror effort?

3. Given the possibility of a potential follow up terror effort, what do you suppose are the potential concequences of NOT implementing the policies cited?

4. What is the better system you propose? That is something we're all interested in.

I don't care about what will NOT work. I want to know what WILL work.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.