Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
#1627450 08/12/06 08:15 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
Tell me how you are going to have any idea if someone is Muslim or not? There are many Muslims who don't look anything like thestereotype and many non-Muslims who do?

Duh! profile KNOWN muslim's, then you will know the difference.

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1627451 08/12/06 08:33 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

I don't know about most here but I believe if we have to alter our lives in ANY way they have won

I guess "we" only implies Christian-Americans.

Because, you know, there are millions of Muslim-Americans in this country too that would have their lives altered in some way using your great idea.

So I guess the terrorist would still "have won"

No, "we" would imply non-terrorists. And if the "non-terrorist" muslim's don't start openly denouncing terrorist type behavior than you watch THEM too. Do you think that some agency somewhere indeed knows the names of most if not all of the people that have cycled thru the terrorist training camps in years past? Somebody knows. The "softcore liberal" approach to dealing with terrorism is not working and will not work. As a civilised country we are too afraid to step on peoples toes. Problem is these people are NOT civilized and will kill you, your family, even their own people to prove just how UNCIVILISED they are!

I don't have a foolproof idea for preventing terrorism but, it appears nobody else does either!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1627452 08/12/06 08:47 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I think they are creating a distraction. I believe the war in Israel and the airline bomb threat are just distractions to draw attention away from Iran's nuclear weapons program. Once Iran gets nuclear weapons then they will be able to cause the death and destruction that they have always wanted to cause.

#1627453 08/12/06 09:05 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by spgoode:
You forgot Zacharias Moussaoui, he looks like any other black man in the this country. All black people would have to be on the profiling list.

Profiling doesn't mean just the way they look. You could profile someone based on the passenger list. You could lood at the name Zacharias Moussaoui, and you've got a pretty good idea that he is not a Mormon suicide bomber.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
#1627454 08/12/06 09:35 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by jthursby:
Duh! profile KNOWN muslim's, then you will know the difference.

Jim T.

known muslims? there is no list of known muslims. and i have a sneaky feeling there are no clairvoyants on the TSA payroll either.

as much as you guys may dislike the idea of it, the security measures in place since the terror plot was "foiled" are really a placebo that many of you are sucking down like its the cure. as some have already mentioned i agree the only way to continue to improve safety is stepping up the security measures (and the iq level of the people admistering them) and applying them evenly across the board. profiling limits sensitivity to other likely gaps and is a false sense of security. simply put it will not work.

it is HIGHLY unlikely the next big terror plot (by the real terrorists, not these amateurs that are most likely the expendable distractors and bait) will be carried out using planes or by people easily identified as sympathizers. there are much easier ways to attack us. realistically our government and the UKs gov should be expending much more effort securing our ports, food, water supplies, energy and gas utilities. these are such easy targets it's beyond scary.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1627455 08/12/06 09:52 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by muntus:
Originally posted by spgoode:
You forgot Zacharias Moussaoui, he looks like any other black man in the this country. All black people would have to be on the profiling list.

Profiling doesn't mean just the way they look. You could profile someone based on the passenger list. You could lood at the name Zacharias Moussaoui, and you've got a pretty good idea that he is not a Mormon suicide bomber.

Yeah, they probably would have thought he was one of those crazy Jewish suicide bombers, since Zacarias is a Hebrew name and Moussaoui isn't a common Muslim name, more common in Western Europe and Morocco, those of Moor descent.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1627456 08/13/06 02:07 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T

2000 Silver Frost SVT # 1637/2150 D.O.B. 01/14/2000
#1627457 08/13/06 02:14 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
No, Morocco is very much Muslim. Damn near 100%. But they're a tiny portion of overall Muslims and the name Moussaoui, while popular there and elsewhere of Moorish descent, is not a widely popular name elsewhere in the Muslim world.

The point is that, even looking at the passenger manifest just picking out "muslim-sounding" names, the name Zacarias Moussaoui probably would not have thrown any flags because it sounds more Israeli than anything. And that still doesn't address Richard, Dan, Brian, and Oliver; the names of some others that have been arrested.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1627458 08/13/06 04:35 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
If 90% of the terrorists killed or captured happen to be young males who practice Islam, then it isn't really profiling but statistics. Profiling is pulling over a black man in Ohio just for speeding at night assuming that he will have four loaded weapons, be drinking staight vodka, wearing a flak jacket and......

....nevermind.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
#1627459 08/13/06 04:46 AM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
If 90% of the terrorists killed or captured happen to be young males who practice Islam, then it isn't really profiling but statistics. Profiling is pulling over a black man in Ohio just for speeding at night assuming that he will have four loaded weapons, be drinking staight vodka, wearing a flak jacket and......

....nevermind.

If we profiled people for being stupid we'd all be in a lot of trouble!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard