"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
#1627441 08/12/06 06:34 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:

AHHHHHhahahaha! NB4TL! hee hee

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1627442 08/12/06 06:34 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Sorry Siggy, I won't let it go. Profiling is a tool like many others. If it is likely to save lives, and I think it is, then I say use it. I mentioned a system used by airports in Isreal. That seems to be working. IIRC it is a combination of profiling & behavior monitoring. Use it.

It would be impossible to determine if it is the profiling that Israel uses, or simply its' heightened security measures for all passengers, that have detered crime there. But logic would point towards the measures that cover all passengers as having a significantly larger impact. Passengers coming to or from Israel are individually-monitored, asked a serious of interrogative questions by highly-trained security personnel (not hourly-wage retards like most TSA personnel), all details are cross-refered with international security records, and at any time there are several people on board every flight that are armed with handguns and VERY well-trained on using them.

Profiling or not, a terrorist would have a hell of a time making it through every step of their security system.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1627443 08/12/06 06:36 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Are you trying to say she's Muslim? Otherwhise I don't see the significance. Mods: please delete picture rather than locking thread if that was the intent.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#1627444 08/12/06 06:36 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
...but there are several historical examples of where bending over and being polite did not turn pure evil into delicious candy.

Lots more funny stuff in there too. Thanks!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1627445 08/12/06 06:38 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by jthursby:
Originally posted by sigma:
Jesus Christ, put the profiling thing to rest. It's stupid.

Wanna know why?

Because, of the 23 people arrested in Britain recently, they weren't all "Muslim-looking". Most of them were born in Britain, all of them had lived most of their entire lives in Britain, and three of them were White guys named Oliver, Don, and Brian. Most of them were very young in age, as young as 17. They haven't released photos of all of them (none that I've seen anyhow), but one of the big stories in Britain is that these all look like "normal" people. The whole "how are we supposed to catch them when they look like any one of us" thing is running rampant through the British media right now.

And what of the transit bombers in Britain? One of the four wasn't Brown, he was a black guy from Jamaica.

And the "Show Bomber"? Richard Reid. You might think he looks like a Muslim guy, but he's the product of a Black father and White mother. Born and raised in Britain. If he cleaned up a bit there's no way he would have gotten caught by any "profiling" system.

Despite what you want to believe they're not all "middle-aged brown people"! Yes, they were all "Muslim", but is your next plan to put religious affiliation on your driver's license so that we can see that? Yeah, I'm sure all would-be bombers will be sure to check that box off for you.

They have zero problems recruiting other people to their cause, as evidenced by the wide variety of people involved in their crimes. If you start profiling and targetting specific looking people they'll simply recruit people that look differently. They're not [censored] stupid.

I said muslim people, not just LOOKING muslim. ALL of them, and if we piss them off, tough [censored]. I don't know about most here but I believe if we have to alter our lives in ANY way they have won. I'm not willing to accept that. Then again I'm a stone-cold conservative and taking crap from religious zealots isn't in my rulebook.

And if you believe that any kind of "soft touch" approach will solve this, you are very wrong.

Jim T.

Ohhh... I get it. We're going to create a 100%-effective lie detector at check-in. We're gonna hook every passenger up to it and ask "Are you Muslim?".

Gotcha.

Hell man, if you've got a foolproof system that can determine whether someone is Muslim or not, why not just use it to determine if someone is a Terrorist or not.

2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1627446 08/12/06 06:39 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
... and you're tromping all over people's rights and any form of ethical fairness while you are at it.

I'm talking about saving human life. Screw fairness!

#1627447 08/12/06 06:42 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

I don't know about most here but I believe if we have to alter our lives in ANY way they have won

I guess "we" only implies Christian-Americans.

Because, you know, there are millions of Muslim-Americans in this country too that would have their lives altered in some way using your great idea.

So I guess the terrorist would still "have won".

2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1627448 08/12/06 06:44 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Muslim car. Still got sand in its crevices.

#1627449 08/12/06 06:49 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by sigma:
Jesus Christ, put the profiling thing to rest. It's stupid.

Wanna know why?

Because, of the 23 people arrested in Britain recently, they weren't all "Muslim-looking". Most of them were born in Britain, all of them had lived most of their entire lives in Britain, and three of them were White guys named Oliver, Don, and Brian. Most of them were very young in age, as young as 17. They haven't released photos of all of them (none that I've seen anyhow), but one of the big stories in Britain is that these all look like "normal" people. The whole "how are we supposed to catch them when they look like any one of us" thing is running rampant through the British media right now.

And what of the transit bombers in Britain? One of the four wasn't Brown, he was a black guy from Jamaica.

And the "Show Bomber"? Richard Reid. You might think he looks like a Muslim guy, but he's the product of a Black father and White mother. Born and raised in Britain. If he cleaned up a bit there's no way he would have gotten caught by any "profiling" system.

Despite what you want to believe they're not all "middle-aged brown people"! Yes, they were all "Muslim", but is your next plan to put religious affiliation on your driver's license so that we can see that? Yeah, I'm sure all would-be bombers will be sure to check that box off for you.

They have zero problems recruiting other people to their cause, as evidenced by the wide variety of people involved in their crimes. If you start profiling and targetting specific looking people they'll simply recruit people that look differently. They're not [censored] stupid.

You forgot Zacharias Moussaoui, he looks like any other black man in the this country. All black people would have to be on the profiling list.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard