Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Yeah, that Mustang was pulling ahead. Pretty slow if you ask me.

I agree, which makes that MS6 soo much cooler!

Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Let's just say that that MS6 is doing thirteens. A stock Mustang GT should do high thirteens as well. A blown one should do low thirteens or twelves, depending on the driver. Now a stock 02 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air will do a 13.5 STOCK. See what I'm getting at?

All I see that you're saying is you're comparing the fastest of the Firebirds against the non-fastest of the Mustangs...

How about instead of a GT, you be more fair in your "stock" WS6 comparo and throw in a "stock" Cobra... Oops, the WS6 is no longer the fast one!

Cobra 12.9 > WS6 13.5

Are you retarded? You are telling me a brand new GT with a blower isn't fair game to compare against a four year old stock F-body? Are you Ford guys REALLY that afraid of the SS/Ram air? I respect the 03/04, but it has NO place in this comparison. That car is in the Corvette's performance range, not the F-body's. Now if you'd like to compare an '01 Cobra and an '01 Ram-air, I'd be more than pleased to show you the facts.....

Because without a blower, the mustang cobra isn't a proper speed machine and barely performs better than the GT. I like the Mach 1 better because it actually stands a chance against an F-body....

And it doesn't look like a V6 with some big tips and a Cobra-knock-off badge.

All that said, I like the new MS6 alot, and I am truly impressed by the nature of the car. However, it is no muscle car(not that it intends to be...) and should not be treated as one, aka racing people in a straight line. That car would be respected at our local track, but behind the guys back the F-body and Mustang guys would be making fun of it. Just telling you how it is. Keep it where it belongs, the autoX courses and track days.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006