Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I wouldn't mind having a 60GB ipod to put all my music on for my car...

But that's probly the only place I would use it. So really, I'd be better off buying one of those jukebox things with a regular HD in it...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
this is why you just get one of these new phones with itunes on them - like the SLVR from cingular. i don't know much about phones that aren't cingular, but i know there are other companies that have mp3 players on their phones.

so mp3 playing car deck + itunes slvr = gravy for me, music when i want it.

to those who say "but that can only have 100 songs on it!" - so what? by the time i've gotten bored with the music on my phone, i've already taken the 5 minutes to transfer other stuff from my computer.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
The JVCs that use the SD card and flash drives can run up to 1GB. However, many have the auxillary input in front, which you can use with a $6 1/8" headphone-style jack. Works really great.

Go to: http://mobile.jvc.com/main.jsp for more info on JVC stereos. The touch-screens I had and my DVD player have a 7-band equalizer, which is nice.

In my experience, Kenwoods and Clarions have poor power for really cranking it up. I usually turn mine up between 35 and 50. Sound got poor on the Kenwood around 33, and Clarion up to around 40. 45, don't even think about it, tons of distortion.

JVC, Pioneer, Alpine, and Eclipse are about the only ones I'd stick with.

Past 6 years my stereos have been:
Road Gear (old $100 Wal-Mart CD player)
JVC KD-S600
JVC KD-AR8250
JVC KD-LHX500 touch-screen
Kenwood KDC-X579
Some other JVC CD player
Some Aiwa CD/MP3 player
JVC KD-AR5000 touch-screen (favorite)
Clarion DXZ855MP full-color touch-screen
JVC KD-DV5100 DVD player (current)

Not to mention the others I've installed or just messed around with. Old Pioneer DEH-4000 in my grandma's '90 Camry with stock speakers sounds better than the Kenwood with Clarion components.

Ben Cline 1997 Ford Contour GL I4 Auto CarDomain My MySpace
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
even if i had paid the $200 the old 20gig ipod costs, id have seen it well worth it by now. i use it whenever i travel, everynight at my old job(kept me from going crazy) and most importantly i use it in my car everyday
i probably have over $600 worth of cds in my case and by having every cd on my ipod in my glovebox(or in my pocket if i stop somewhere) theres no chance for me to lose all my cds, or to have them in plain view.... one less valuable item for a thief to walk off with

although the head unit i have doesnt control the ipod as easily as the newer ones, its still 10x easier than any mp3 cd ive tried. worst comes to worst i can just unplug the ipod and put it on the playlist/artist i want and plug it back in.

i used to think ipods were a huge waste of $ which is why i hadnt bought one, but after a couple years of use, id definetly had paid if i had to
thanks freeipods.com

- 98 SVT #5999 -. -CDA-7894 w/ ipod interface -Knauberized, Trubendz 2.5/highflow cat
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard