Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
CJB fuse box under dash F-26 F-23 with DRL

BJB fuse next to battery F15,16,17,18 Relays K37,K36 which shows R 9,10 on the lid. DRL relay shows a R 1

Also blocking diodes which wiring layout says located "behind dash panel left hand side. very informative

that orange wire shows up it many places and with those blocking diodes that's scarey! Sorry it's been many years since I did mine and I don't have DRL's!

Wiring diagrams are needed to properly troubleshoot. IMHO

Paul

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
This is the first mod I ever did and I had no idea what I was doing back then. Just followed the how to.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
meh... I fused the wires by touching them with metal, that's why sparks flew therefore I blew the system, so now I need to A) Fix that by probably replacing the fuse

B) re-wire everything so that everything goes back to normal by the fog-light mod still works.

C) do it ASAP otherwise my car is grounded at 8PM

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by F111D F:

BJB fuse next to battery F15,16,17,18 Relays K37,K36 which shows R 9,10 on the lid. DRL relay shows a R 1

Also blocking diodes which wiring layout says located "behind dash panel left hand side. very informative

that orange wire shows up it many places and with those blocking diodes that's scarey! Sorry it's been many years since I did mine and I don't have DRL's!

Paul

HUH?! oh no im hopeless aren't I.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
okay well I know one thing for sure, I have got to be able to get a current flowing through the Orange nad ORANGE/BLACK wires. That's my goal so that way I can rewire everything, now to get that current flowing I'm trying to dianose the proper fuse problem or something of that sort. Now i've tried replacing the fuses ACCORDING to the book because maybe it's different from what you've suggested, but I don't have a certain number of fuses on hand and now I'm at the mercy of the mechanic who will look at it. Anyways, i'm going to him 8am tomorrow morning to try to get this up and running.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
UPDATE****

My DRLs work, I used them they come on when the car is on ACC and drive so no problem with DRLs. The problem is now the HEADLIGHTS don't come on, (neither do fogs), and the HIGH beams don't come on either. Also the BATTERY light is lit on the dash board, now I hope I didn't fry my alternator.... does anyone else have any ideas? Is this still a fuse problem? I just changed my alternator a little while back so come on... is that light related to that stupid FUSED ORANGE/BLACK wire? It sparked a lot, stuck to the metal on the side of the footwell, then it stopped and no current was flowing through the ORANGE or ORANGE/BLACK wire. Come on please someone help out with this....

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by F111D F:

Paul

CJB Central Junction Box aka passenger compartment fuse box under dash, left of steering wheel. I think he was replying to your question on what fuses orange color wires go to (F26, F23 with DRL).

BJB Battery Junction Box (aka Power Distribution Box next to the battery). Orange wires to F15,16,17,18 Relays K37,K36 which shows R 9,10 on the lid. DRL relay shows a R 1

Orange wires also go to blocking diodes (per wiring layout he has). And he rolls his eyes because the wiring is not informative because the description is too vague.

You really need a 1998 Ford CD with wiring diagrams.
PM todras to buy one.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=1049&Number=1282832&Board=trouble&what=showflat&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/03/06 01:57 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Tony2005:

Orange wires also go to blocking diodes (per wiring layout he has). And he rolls his eyes because the wiring is not informative because the description is too vague.

The only 4 wires I messed with were those detailed within the MOD. Secondly, the wire that I did "fry" was the ORANGE/BLACK wire, at least that's what it is refered to as in the FAQ HOW TO FOGLIGHT MOD. Now in relation to cutting the Orange wire, a lot of people have done it and have not had anything go wrong. My problems are I have no low beams, I have no high beams. They don't turn on with the switch, and while driving my Battery light is LIT meaning I either fried my alternator OR i fried the reader for that..

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by m4gician:
Originally posted by Tony2005:

..while driving my Battery light is LIT meaning I either fried my alternator OR i fried the reader for that..

Check fuse 5 (fog lights) and check megafuse.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1133952&Forum=trouble&Words=fuse%205&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=1117877&Search=true#Post1133952

Edit. This is what the megafuse looks like.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1273499&Forum=trouble&Words=megafuse&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=1273442&Search=true#Post1273499

Location of megafuse for the Duratec V6.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1098148&Forum=trouble&Words=here%20sign&Match=And&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=1095791&Search=true#Post1098148

It appears that the Zetec I4 megafuse might be in the same location as the Duratec V6.

Originally posted by tiv:
... for me ('97 Zetec Contour) it was behind the engine in a longish rectangular black plastic box. Its an inline fuse, accessible from above.

Tiv

And if you haven't done so, download an Owners' Manual (free) www.fleet.ford.com

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/03/06 02:14 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Thanks for jumping in and helping Tony2005, it's not the easiest thing to do if you haven't worked with this for awhile. I'm 60 and the ole "forgetter" works way too good! So I have to revist it all over again.

Why Viseton or Ford put that fuse where they did is beyond me?
Well I know but it still no excuse not to think of the technican at least a little. I cant believe that the 175 amp blew unless the engine was running the alternator had high output???
I'll go and look for the circuit and see how the light is wired to what?
I think Fuse F-26 is for the relay that supplies +12vdc to all the headlamps?

Paul

The other problem I have is the Ford CD wiring diagrams only shows small portions and the DRL is different diagram. I', still looking for the no charge light or Alt circuit????

Last edited by F111D F; 08/03/06 06:00 PM.

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard