Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Hightower GT:

Hurray for child tax credit (where the gov't gives you MONETARY INCENTIVES TO BREED and the people that don't have kids FOOT THE BILL!!!)

Don't get me started at how our government and society discrminates against people w/o kids.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:

Hurray for child tax credit (where the gov't gives you MONETARY INCENTIVES TO BREED and the people that don't have kids FOOT THE BILL!!!)

Don't get me started at how our government and society discrminates against people w/o kids.

I guess i've never realized that, but it is so true. What can I say, I guess i'm young and niiave.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R

See, I don't look at it that way. Having a child is a very expensive venture, and the government has been convinced to keep the burden lower for those facing that. The reason being, that a child born here is a future asset as a taxpayer for the government.

Its not discriminating against those without kids, its simply protecting thier future income.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Rara:

See, I don't look at it that way. Having a child is a very expensive venture, and the government has been convinced to keep the burden lower for those facing that. The reason being, that a child born here is a future asset as a taxpayer for the government.

Its not discriminating against those without kids, its simply protecting thier future income.

I'm paying $3,000/year on property taxes to educate other peoples children too. However, it is better than the alternative. I'll need them to pay my social security when I'm retired, and I want them paying a lot!

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I believe that the extra services they consume (particularly the $8000+ a year for 12 or 13 years) as enough public investment into our future and enough subsidization of parents. Giving them tax breaks so they don't even pay their fair share towards society is just excessive.

You chose to have children, nobody forced it on you, so don't force the expense on me. If you can't afford to raise them without discriminatory tax breaks, then you shouldn't be having them in the first place.

Everybody should pay the same percentage of his or her income in taxes regardless of any demographic measure.

That doesn't even get into how I'm forced to put up with people's screaming brats anywhere I go. They don't even discipline them or shut them up or take them outside if they're being obnoxious. If I misbehave, I'm thrown out. Parents should be required to keep their children decently behaved or get thrown out. If I ever thought about acting the way some of these brats behave in stores, I would have been dead.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Everybody should pay the same percentage of his or her income in taxes regardless of any demographic measure.

Wrong. No individual should be paying income tax. IC was imposed on the American people in 1862 as an 'emergency' measure to fund the Civil War. In 1895 the U.S. Supreme Court finally ruled that the income tax was unconstitutional because it was not apportioned among the states by population in conformity with Constitutional requirements. In 1913, the 16th Amendment to the Constitution made the income tax a permanent fixture in the U.S. tax system.

Gripe to the government about that! Repeal the 16th Amendment!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I support the income tax as the fairest and most ethical form of taxation, as a proportional income tax has each person pays his or her share and the amount is not discriminatory based on demographics or behavior.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I support the income tax as the fairest and most ethical form of taxation, as a proportional income tax has each person pays his or her share and the amount is not discriminatory based on demographics or behavior.

I prefer the burden be shifted to businesses - especially businesses that are not based in the USA. Some considerable amount of profits taken by foreign companies should remain here in the states as part of the price they pay for access to our huge consumer market.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Income is income. That includes corporate taxes and the share of net income based on share of sales for foreign companies doing business in the U.S. Tax it all at the same flat rate.

The reason I don't recommend doing it based on profits in the U.S. market is because a multinational could easily shift expenses so the U.S. unit never turns a profit.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I believe that the extra services they consume (particularly the $8000+ a year for 12 or 13 years) as enough public investment into our future and enough subsidization of parents. Giving them tax breaks so they don't even pay their fair share towards society is just excessive.

You chose to have children, nobody forced it on you, so don't force the expense on me. If you can't afford to raise them without discriminatory tax breaks, then you shouldn't be having them in the first place.

That doesn't even get into how I'm forced to put up with people's screaming brats anywhere I go. They don't even discipline them or shut them up or take them outside if they're being obnoxious. If I misbehave, I'm thrown out. Parents should be required to keep their children decently behaved or get thrown out. If I ever thought about acting the way some of these brats behave in stores, I would have been dead.

Cheers to this post!

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard