Originally posted by JaTo:
What you will find is that some of the brightest minds in science have stated that mere chance and random events are not a logical or sufficient explaination for creation or how evolution has progressed homo sapiens vs. other species in the animal kingdom and that some sort of "designer" could be the likely explaination, given that all of them are incomplete at best.

I have no doubt there are some bright people that believe this,(intelligent people being religious has always been a mystery to me)however there are many more that do not.
Here are some statistics for you concerning religiosity in the sciences.

"Whereas 90% of the general population has a distinct belief in a personal god and a life after death, only 40% of scientists on the B.S. level favor this belief in religion and merely 10 % of those who are considered 'eminent' scientists believe in a personal god or in an afterlife."

http://kspark.kaist.ac.kr/Jesus/Intelligence%20&%20religion.htm

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche