Originally posted by Swazo:
My final idea was to make something based off of the OEM bezel that would either be designed to totally ditch the OEM lense, or to be able to mount underneath it for an OEM look.

This was my original idea. However the more I thought about it this would pose a problem. The piece would have to fit exactly as the OEM lense did. Plus it's no longer a lightweight plastic lense as you have projectors mounted to it, which would make it more likely to want to fall away from the OEM housing after you affixed it to the housing again. Doing it that way would also require you to re-seal the replacement lense to the OEM housing. This means that 1. the projectors would have to fit in the OEM housing completely or 2. you would have to cut the backs of the OEM housing to support length of the projector housings, which requires some modification to the OEM housings. Which is what wanted to get away from. Unless of course you mouned the projectors to the OEM housing, which I don't want to do.

Bottomline is that making a stand alone replacement for the headlights would be easier then trying to modify the OEM headlights, in my opinion that is.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp