I use US Bank for checking, ING Direct for savings. If you don't have a US Bank in your area, the other that I would recommend is Bank Of America.

Steer clear of 5/3. Their systems are extremely outdated. Unless they upgraded in the last year or so, their technology is laughable, which limits their products and their ablity to serve you.

With banking the way it is today, you should get everything for free. No monthly fee, free online banking, free internet bill pay, free check card, blah, blah. If there is a fee, it is due to you screwing up. And get some type of overdraft protection. But you never plan on overdrawing, right? You never plan on getting in wreck, but you have car ins right? OD protection is like free insurance on your account.

And, if you were screwing up your account, overdrafts, playing with the float period on checks you wrote, using your check card before your direct deposit hit, you have no one to blame but yourself, not your bank. Everything is electronic now, and the smart banks are keeping up.

99 SVT, Black/Blue #1720 of 2760 04 Mazda Tribute ES, fully loaded Check out my website!