I use and like Wells Fargo for my regular banking. Their online tools are great, and I can use a single place to pay every one of my bills, they happen to also have bought my mortgage, and I even have a brokerage account through them accessible from the same online access point.

But, while their Online and Phone customer service is great, I don't particularly care for the people in virtually every branch I've been to. So if you do a lot of face-to-face banking, I wouldn't recommend them.

For signature loans I use a credit union on my work campus. The people are extremely friendly and their loan criteria and rates are MUCH lower than Wells Fargo. But their online banking tools, which is where I do 95% of my banking thesedays, are lacking. I also use them for savings accounts, since I like the fact that I have to go through a fair bit of trouble to access my cash and even if someone managed to get access to my usual bank account they wouldn't have access to any significant amount of money. There's only enough in the Wells Fargo accounts to pay the bills for the month.

So, in short, I use two banks to combine the best of both worlds. A major bank for regular banking with easy access to money 24/7 and a credit union for anything that involves face-to-face transactions and a place where I can put money I specifically don't want myself or anyone else to have easy access to 24/7.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX