Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ????¯?¬?¬?º:
Originally posted by TGO:
Originally posted by ????¯?¬?¬?º:
Originally posted by Beans:
man, you people are so mean

i couldnt imagine a bigger engine than a 3.0 in a contour, hell the 2.5 is big..

Someone here will do it tho...

way under powered..the Nissan VQ 3.5 is 270hp - 300hp..

yeah and they're also in cars that are alot more expensive too.

not at all..u can find that in an Altima, Maxima, G35 sedan/coupe..FX..alota other models..or u can get a pre-owned and still enjoy the VQ..

ok..the altima and maxima are both 265hp no? I dunno about the murano.

what cars are making 300hp without a 350z, or infiniti badge on them??

EDIT: and the last time i checked the maxima and the SER altima were more expensive than a comparable ford car.

Last edited by TGO; 07/28/06 07:50 PM.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Wow, Ford is FINALLY catching up to the competition. The 500 might actually be tolerable now!

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by cjbaldw:
So your stock Duratec engine can handle over 400whp with no problem right? Because there are MANY turbo'd VQ30DE engines in that range with stock internals, some as high as 500whp.

Yes, the engine can handle more than that as evidenced by a dd on this very site. It is just the whole fwd thing that puts a slight kink in the recipe.

99 csvt 68 cuda fastback 340 00 gp gtp (wife) 01 gs500
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ABCarr:
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ??¢:
I agree, they also need to get their act together with their transmissions... My brother works for auto owners insurance, they gave him an 06' Grand prix Base model as a company car, thats all they have are the 04-07 grand prix's Every single one of their fleet cars have had to have their transmissions replaced at about 30K miles. Im not exaturating... EVERY ONE

That scares the hell out of me.... mom has an 05' with 24K miles... And its been shifting hard from park into reverse if you park on an incline.

Not to hijack the thread, but as a recent renter of a new Grand Prix, it doesn't surprise me much that their ATX's are failing at an early age. Watching the ATF temperature on the Driver Information Center soar to 210 degrees F or more during an easy drive on I-20 doesn't make me think they'll be durable transmissions.

my mom's rarely hits 200 degrees, only on the hottest days during road trips... But yes it does pass 200 degrees sometimes. My guess is the trannie in her car will give out at about... 37K miles, right after the warrenty expires

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Wow, Ford is FINALLY catching up to the competition. The 500 might actually be tolerable now!

Still needs a manual mated to something other than a 4 banger.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

Still needs a manual mated to something other than a 4 banger.

Wrong car.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Damn my eyes. I swear that it said "Fusion"

Yeah, the 500 could use the help too.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Where a manual is not proper for most variants of the Five Hundred, it would be a nice offering on a Montego RS. However, the most drastic need for the pair is a serious dose of style inside and out. Whether you say it looks like the last-gen Audi A6 or the 1986-1991 Taurus, the car was outdated and dowdy from the drawing board.

"Bold Moves" needs to be more than a slogan. Ford actually has to make them. (and what is up with picking that nasty American Idol flop as a spokesperson :barf:)

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Maybe its just my age (36) or being a little on the conservative side, but I for one really like the Montego the way it is right now. IMO its a sharp car with style, inside and out My mother in law has a Freestyle fwd w/ the CVT and IMO, the 3.0L does a good enough job for moving out on the freeway, smooth and responsive. I don't know what all these car mag guys are expecting out of a 200/200 V6 engine Would more power be better, sure, but when mated to the CVT its fine. When I gave up on trying to get the Mustang last year I seriously considered the Montego Premier w/ AWD and the CSVT....hmmm, wonder what I'd be doing to the car right now

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Every car needs a manual transmission.

Damn lazy auto drivers. Might as well ride the bus.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard