Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Well she is in Texas, actually in MN anyways she'd have a mental health dangerous diagnosis after doing something like that, meaning that if she ever is release for prison, she'd be tracked for the rest of her life, you never get rid of this designation, the really sad thing is that if this lady had been on the proper meds, having a therapist, it may never have happened. Now that she is most likely on meds, she's gonna be dealing with the fact that she killed her kids for the rest of her life. Is this a worse punishment that executing/imprisoning her for life? I dont' know but it's gotta be pretty tough as well.
shorter synopsis of the case
Andrea Yates Hx
Honestly I'm very surprised that she got an insanity plea, usually someone with a psychosis like that either is incompentent to stand trial or is proven guilty. Insanity if very difficult to prove. Especially in todays world with medications and such, people with mental illness often "choose" to go off medications, use drugs, etc, making thier actions still their responsibility.
steps off soap box...

'03 Protege 5 MTX '02 Mazda Protege LX MTX former owner of: 96 Contour GL 2.5 ATX
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
She should have been fried the first time for the first three.

At least now the Prosecutors can take her to trial for the last two.

If you didn't know, she was only tried for three of the deaths this time around. Hopefully, the prosecutors will try her again with the death penalty for the last two.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
Why the insanity defense has become utter [censored]. There is a point where you do something so bad the rest is completely irrelevant. I just hope they throw her in one of the hellhole mental institutions like they had in the 40's.

Did you know that mental hospitals of that time shot their more uncontrollable patients up with mercury twice a week? My last job involved documents from the 1890s-1950s. Every patient I had seen with this particular note in their files had died within a year or so after the injections started.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I wonder how many married men, took their wife to a new therapist, after that happened? I don't have any kids, nor am I married, but I couldn't imagine my wife, killing even ONE of my children, let alone all FIVE!! Wife or not, she'd find herself with a rusty axe in her forehead, if I came home to her standing over my 5 dead children.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I wonder how many married men, took their wife to a new therapist, after that happened? I don't have any kids, nor am I married, but I couldn't imagine my wife, killing even ONE of my children, let alone all FIVE!! Wife or not, she'd find herself with a rusty axe in her forehead, if I came home to her standing over my 5 dead children.

Mark

seriously, that man is as crazy as her. he was doing an interview after the verdict was given and said he loved her and she was always there for him and he would always be there for her and blah blah blah. i just don't understand how a mother can murder 5 children and then the husband still be calm and love her.

and wtf is it with the insanity plea anymore. there is a certain line that once crossed, your actions should not be covered by insanity. killing your 5 children should be in that category. fry the [censored].

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

and wtf is it with the insanity plea anymore. there is a certain line that once crossed, your actions should not be covered by insanity. killing your 5 children should be in that category. fry the [censored].

~Andrew

If you kill your 5 children, I think you are one of the most insane people on Earth. I think the verdict was handed down correctly. She will never be allowed in the outside world again anyway. Plus, now she has to think about it for the rest of her life.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:

~Andrew

If you kill your 5 children, I think you are one of the most insane people on Earth. I think the verdict was handed down correctly. She will never be allowed in the outside world again anyway. Plus, now she has to think about it for the rest of her life.

thinking about it for the rest of her life probably doesn't mean much considering she is insane. crazy people don't have remorse. did you see her when the verdict was read? no emotion at all. i think the insanity plea is fine for certain cases (when a clinical diagnosis is known prior to the crime), but i feel too many people are perfectly sane, commit a crime, and then plead insanity after the fact. and as i said, there is a certain point where being crazy just ain't gonne cut it. killing your 5 kids is in that territory. so as i said before, fry the [censored].

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:

~Andrew

thinking about it for the rest of her life probably doesn't mean much considering she is insane. crazy people don't have remorse. did you see her when the verdict was read? no emotion at all. i think the insanity plea is fine for certain cases (when a clinical diagnosis is known prior to the crime), but i feel too many people are perfectly sane, commit a crime, and then plead insanity after the fact. and as i said, there is a certain point where being crazy just ain't gonne cut it. killing your 5 kids is in that territory. so as i said before, fry the [censored].

~Andrew

So to be insane you have to be diagnosed before you act insane? Tell me how that works.

Oh, and just so everyone knows, it is cheaper to lock someone up forever than to execute them. Sounds wrong, but it is true.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

seriously, that man is as crazy as her. he was doing an interview after the verdict was given and said he loved her and she was always there for him and he would always be there for her and blah blah blah. i just don't understand how a mother can murder 5 children and then the husband still be calm and love her.

I think you're right...I cannot imagine the mental and emotional shock that he must have gone through. It wouldn't surprise me to find that he's had significant psych attention since it happened, and is on meds himself. I would imagine that the only way he can keep from eating a bullet is to push through it and come out on the other side focusing on supporting her, so he at least has something to focus on.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
You people really need to dig deeper and find out what would cause someone to commit this kind of crime.

History of Andea Yates.

1. Rapid-fire kids with no stop in sight
2. Flawed religious doctrine
3. Husband that didn't give a damn about her mental health or taking care of his family
4. Flawed medical system that didn't give a damn about Andrea.

Yes, the killing of the kids is wrong and Andrea is to blame. However, that blame also is shared by many other factors that shouldn't be dismissed.

Get all the facts before you pass judgement on her.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard