Originally posted by zetec herman:
Let me start off by saying this car has ballzzz.

I've never seen so much get up and go. My auto zetec is a snoozer next to this thing (not much of a surprise to me).

It sounded like a race car, which lead me to thing something wrong with this thing. It sounded like a bad muffler or something that needed exaust work. So I look over at the dash, wondering if the CEL is on. Yep. It makes me wonder sometimes how often so people will drive for months or even years with their CEL on and not let it bother them. The minute mine went on the first time I practically freaked out. After this experience I really want to know how to drive a stick. I joked and said how I wanted to get a 5 spd. zetec for practice. He just laughed and said he didn't even know how to drive a stick before he started driving it.

Yeah, its quite a fun experience, although my 2nd ride in an SVT was actually with me behind the wheel... In fact, I remember it like it was yesterday... Dave and Busters 2005 in february... I told rawburt he could take my car for a spin if I could drive his... So we agreed, I drove his car like a grandma... then he was like "what that all you are going to do..." Downshifted to 2nd and pushed it around a corner... thats when the grin went on my face... God that was a fun drive.... I just wish I was longer

My first car was the contour... I insisted upon getting a car with a stick, I knew I would be a better driver with one... When I went to look at the ole' GL the FIRST thing I looked for inside the car was that stick. As soon as I saw it, I wanted the car, fell in love with it. Drove it, loved it more, bought it

If I ever have children (god forbid) my kids will only drive cars with sticks.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?