While I agree my sample size is a bit limited in comparison to using the stock sensor, my sample directly targets his application.

When you were asking the people in emissions, did you ask about it being calibrated to a specific sensor or to a specific engine. My suspicion is that different engines may be tuned to slightly different harmonics and sensitivities, but the sensor is matched to the engine and not to the ECU which also would be more in support of my theory of keeping the sensor that came with that engine with it.

A knock sensor is a glorified microphone so the ECU is picking up electrical pulses based on what that microphone detects. If you change out to a different microphone on the engine, it *could* pick up noises differently which means it will put out different voltage and affect the reading of the ECU. Personally, I'd rather stick with the microphone that the engine is matched to and go that route.

I can see both of our arguments having valid points, but I think we'll agree to disagree on this one.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale