I just got back from the shop. The owner handed me a shop rag, with something wrapped up in it. I opened it to see about fifteen pieces of one of my pistons. He said they were sitting in my oil pan and oil pickup. Note I got no metal flakes or pieces from my oil change. Anyway, he is going to take the block to a machine shop and see if they think it can be bored even a miniscule amount just to reshape the cylinders, that at least one of is egg-shaped from the busted piston. I told him it probably wasn't a good idea, based on info I got from this site. He said he'd take it anyway, and not charge me for it, just to see what they say. But if I end up just finding a used shortblock, am I correct in thinking that it must be older than '01? The oval-port 3L block is not compatable with the SVT heads, or is the 3L shortblock the same regardless of the split/oval port? I searched but only found that an oval port hybrid can be done with 3L heads, and SVT UIM. I don't know enough to know how the ports do or don't affect the shortblock. Reason I ask is because shortblocks are slim-pickins 'round here.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen