Originally posted by CLASSVT:
It sounds like it will just be a better idea to get another shortblock. I'm still unsure of the reason that this happened but am very curious, being that it's two years old. When this is rebuilt, should I be very sceptical of the hybrid's reliability? Or is this most likely something that could have been avoided, such as cleanliness of the assembly as posted above? On the bright side of things, I can now get my Spec flywheel installed for free. My last question is...should I have the new block bored or leave it alone? I read that boring can cause longevity issues, or is that mostly with extreme situations with boost and such? Thanks again.

I don't think whether its a hybrid or full is an issue here. Hybrids can be just as reliable as a full when you konw what you are doing and the precautions that may be needed to allivate any issues. The issue was probably something in the machine work you had done with the boring of the cylinders and then having them resleeved. IMO, I would forget the boring of the cylinders; it ain't gonna add much. Get a used, low mileage 3.0L and swap out the short block and be done with it. Its the cheapest, most effective route to go.

Ryan Trollin!