Originally posted by TGO:
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Consider moving to a state that has no State Income Tax. No reason to let big gov'ment(sic) get any more of your moolah than they already do! Texas and Wyoming (among a few others - Google it if you really want to know) FTW!

Yes vegas too...but doesn't it cut needed money from state funded programs? schools? etc.? Even wellfare...so if you do end up poor - you're screwed?

It usually means the big bad corporations that liberals whine about are paying higher taxes. In Wyoming, the taxes on the coal mining industry and other various entities more than covers what the citizenry would be paying in Income Tax. In Texas, big oil and it's myriad of supporting industries bears a good chunk of the tax load. Also, it seems to keep the state governments' spending in check a little more when they can't rely on taking your hard earned money just because they can.

As far as say, education, here in Texas they partially fund it with lottery proceeds (don't get me started on that load of crap!) and until recently "Robin Hood" property taxation. That, I believe, is over though.

Now welfare... ...I think that should be cut WAY back. No more living indefinitely on the backs of others' hard work....

Anyway, the point is that states can and do find alternate sources of income, and robbing the working man need not be one of those sources.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.