Erm, I don't really get it. Your property taxes are at the municipal level, if they're too high I'd look into moving cities not countries. Is the value assessment of your house too high or the actual tax rate too high? If your assessment is overvalued compared to the market value you can request arbitration. We just cut our property tax in half because the assessments are so ridiculously high, all it took was a request for arbitration and then they call you before the hearing to talk you out of it, we had the value reassessed more realistically. It helps to have knowledge and proof of similar properties and what they've been selling for over say the past 6 months.

Maybe my view is skewed because the time I spent in the US I was living in Cali, but I didn't see that big of a tax difference from Canada. And Canada allows you to renounce your primary residency, move/work in another country and pay the local taxes instead of paying Canadian taxes (can't do that in the US). I guess if you want to make the move to the US and HAVE the luxury of making that choice, all the power to you. I recently had to choose between continuing my schooling in Canada or the US (US, I'd actually be living at home being in a border town) and professionally I wanted to go to the US, but there were just too many hurdles with not having a Green card and not wanting to deal with the uncertainty of being on student visas for 4 years then training visas for another 5 years. BTW, my tuition is ~$15k CAD per year vs $40k US, but that's what you pay as an international student at a US school.

There are a lot of reasons to move to the US, the business environment is certainly more favourable than here..in terms of taxation (in certain states) and just being able to get loans because you're not restricted to 3 or 4 banks. But a lot of the issues you cite are not that unique to Canada.