Originally posted by Kingpin:

Well, I havent fooled around with mine in quite a while. I remember reading on the SCT forums that some people were having trouble getting the datalogging set up, and that some found the solution to be in the order everything was connected. Maybe try hooking up everything differently? Here is what I followed and it worked for me:

1. Plug in Xcal (OBD2 end)
2. Turn key to 'on'
3. Run live link
4. Plug Xcal into the computer
5. Hit the graph button and choose PIPs to log
6. Check box on left to graph
7. Right click on the 'gauges' to set them
8. Click 'file' then 'save config'
9. Start car
10. Click green button (on screen I believe) to begin datalogging
11. Stop loggin session before shutting down the car
12. Click bookmark to reference a section of graph
13. 'Save as' to save file

Those are some notes I scribbled, so I apologize if they dont make sense. Once you are looking at everything, maybe it will. This 'order' worked for me.

I would also recommend checking the sct forums to make sure you have all the updates for livelink and the xcal.

Sorry I cant be of more help. I havent used mine in a few months now. I got real busy before I actually got the car tuned, so I havent been able to finish up the tuning yet. Ill need a job before that happens, lol.

I would also search the sct forums for possible answers. There are a few good threads about people having connection problems, and from what I remember most of them were solved so its likely someone has had your problem and fixed it.

HTH, even just a little.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.